Good two bedroom hotel in bangkok

I've never been to Bangkok (been to Pattaya twice) but decided I want to check it out. I have no idea where to stay or where to go really, so need some advice on a good two bedroom hotel. (My pal and I are going).

If anyone has any recommendations of an affordable 2br hotel, let me know..

Thanks

-Ace

I've never been to Bangkok (been to pattaya twice) but decided I want to check it out. I have no idea where to stay or where to go really, so need some advice on a good two bedroom hotel. (My pal and I are going).

If anyone has any recommendations of an affordable 2br hotel, let me know..

Thanks

-Ace

Affordable is a loaded word--each to his own taste. You need to look at the service apt./hotels. Off the top of my head, the Omni on Soi 4, Grande President on Soi 11, and the Royal President on Soi 15 all have 2 bedroom offerings, are close to P4P of both Nana and Soi Cowboy, and are girl friendly. Look at the websites for GP and RP (royalpresident.com and grandepresident.com) and check their specials. The Omni is handled on a real estate site but do a google lookup and you can find some info. Personally, have stayed in the 2 bdroom offering at the Royal President. Large bedrooms, 2 large bathrooms, full kitchen, living room, and even a washer/dryer in the room. Can't give you a price since it was an upgrade from a single bedroom (they were out) and I was a long-time customer.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I am in BKK I like to stay at the Tai Pan just down the street from Soi Cowboy.

It isn't a 5 star but the price is in the 3 star range and it is clean. The pool is nice, they have 2 bedroom rooms or you can get adjoining 1 bedroom deluxe rooms for the same cost.

http://www.taipanhotel.com/

I have stayed there by myself and with family. They do not mind "extra" guests for the night, and it is close to Soi Cowboy but far enough away not to be bothered by the noise of evrything else.

Try it.

• 4 months later...

Your question on where to stay is a bit too vague because what you want to do in BKK will play a big role in where you are going to stay. For example if its only for a short holiday and you want to be near the action then in the Sukhumvit, Nana area. If you want to be away from the action and in a quieter area but still have easy access to the main shopping and party areas then look at the areas surrounding the MRT and Skytrain.

Once you decide on a couple of areas look at sites like Agoda, Wotif, Hotel.com and Trip Adviser to see if there are any specials on apartments and to get an idea of what other people say about the place