Legacy Suites

I stayed at Legacy Suites in a legacy suite for 2 weeks in june. It was my 1st trip to Thailand. This was not my choice my buddy had already booked a room here for his vacation and he had been to bkk a few times so I chose to stay at the same place.

This place is gf friendly. Never had a fee bringing more than one in either. Staff was friendly, spoke some or good english, and some had a sense of humor. Breakfeast was free but only decent imo but they did have a good egg-station.

My friend had one of their regular rooms and was a good size. I had a legacy suite which had two rooms very spacious. A couple of nights there were 4-6 people in the room and it never felt cramped. Also had a small dining table and kitchen area with microwave, w/d, and stovetop. The bathroom was spacious seperate shower and soaking tub.

The location is down Soi 29 Sukhumvit. Always felt safe walking down the soi. I think there was a japanese language school across the soi from the hotel. Don't get the cab that just sits in the soi cheaper to walk to Sukhumvit or find a metered one. The location of Legacy is good for walking to restaurants/pubs though. Also the Emporium Mall is a quick 10 minute walk and has an great food court. Eat at the Japanese restaurant with the windows facing Queen's Park(?) great view of bkk from there.

I did not eat in the Japanese restaurant at the hotel but heard it is good. The room service menu sucked but the chicken wings were good that's about it though. The workout facility was decent and had ac.

I enjoyed my stay but next time will probably opt for a 5 star hotel that has restaurants in the hotel because I'm lazy, workout, like to eat, and want many food options at my hotel or within a 2 minute walk. Didn't get that here but did get great service and big comfortable room.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at Legacy Suites in a legacy suite for 2 weeks in june. It was my 1st trip to Thailand. This was not my choice my buddy had already booked a room here for his vacation and he had been to bkk a few times so I chose to stay at the same place.

This place is gf friendly. Never had a fee bringing more than one in either. Staff was friendly, spoke some or good english, and some had a sense of humor. Breakfeast was free but only decent imo but they did have a good egg-station.

My friend had one of their regular rooms and was a good size. I had a legacy suite which had two rooms very spacious. A couple of nights there were 4-6 people in the room and it never felt cramped. Also had a small dining table and kitchen area with microwave, w/d, and stovetop. The bathroom was spacious seperate shower and soaking tub.

The location is down Soi 29 Sukhumvit. Always felt safe walking down the soi. I think there was a japanese language school across the soi from the hotel. Don't get the cab that just sits in the soi cheaper to walk to Sukhumvit or find a metered one. The location of Legacy is good for walking to restaurants/pubs though. Also the Emporium Mall is a quick 10 minute walk and has an great food court. Eat at the Japanese restaurant with the windows facing Queen's Park(?) great view of bkk from there.

I did not eat in the Japanese restaurant at the hotel but heard it is good. The room service menu sucked but the chicken wings were good that's about it though. The workout facility was decent and had ac.

I enjoyed my stay but next time will probably opt for a 5 star hotel that has restaurants in the hotel because I'm lazy, workout, like to eat, and want many food options at my hotel or within a 2 minute walk. Didn't get that here but did get great service and big comfortable room.

Good to here you had a nice stay. I've been here a couple times and agree with your assessments. Pool was nice.

Good to here you had a nice stay. I've been here a couple times and agree with your assessments. Pool was nice.

I was disapointed in the small gym and construction across the way from the main hotel. Breakfast was okay, but a bit sparse on the selections. Is that part of the hotel finished now?

I was disapointed in the small gym and construction across the way from the main hotel. Breakfast was okay, but a bit sparse on the selections. Is that part of the hotel finished now?

As of when I was there about a month ago they were still working on that part of the hotel. It looked like that part will have some nice rooms with balconies.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

Legacy Suites Hotel

I stayed back in 2011/12 and might be looking to book this place again. As it doesn't feature on any of the sites listing visitor friendly hotels, I wanted to check whether anyone on here could confirm, please.

Not to be confused with the Legacy Express.

It's visitor friendly, no problem :)

I have just stayed here a week and liked it, funny enough I also stayed here several years ago and not much is changed.

Many Japanese expats stay here long time, so it's pretty quiet. If possible get a room in tower 2 so you don't need to pass the reception all the time. You will pass the security guards though, but no problem.

The premium rooms are in tower 2.

https://www.legacybangkok.com/en/rooms.php

Generally a very solid 4 star hotel. Decent location, big well maintained rooms and nice polite staff. Breakfast is ok but a little boring after a week.

I will stay here again.

• Upvote 1

It's visitor friendly, no problem :)

I have just stayed here a week and liked it, funny enough I also stayed here several years ago and not much is changed.

Many Japanese expats stay here long time, so it's pretty quiet. If possible get a room in tower 2 so you don't need to pass the reception all the time. You will pass the security guards though, but no problem.

The premium rooms are in tower 2.

https://www.legacybangkok.com/en/rooms.php

Generally a very solid 4 star hotel. Decent location, big well maintained rooms and nice polite staff. Breakfast is ok but a little boring after a week.

I will stay here again.

Thanks. Also had it confirmed by the hotel now.

I booked it this morning but I'd missed your tip and I'm not sure I've booked a premium room! Got the best price booking via Tripadvisor with the hotel directly. Unfortunately, the booking confirmation doesn't mention the room type but I remember getting the 46sqm room.

Size is a big part of the reason why I'm paying a premium versus the Park Plaza Soi 18 (which I almost booked yesterday). Couldn't find their room sizes but the cheaper (superiour, deluxe) rooms looked smaller than even the basic 39sqm room at Legacy Suites.

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed at the legacy suites for part of my last visit as they had a deal on their 1 bed suites which were actually cheaper than their deluxe rooms and in the new tower.

I prefer to stay in this area as like Cowboy and soi 22 areas.

They also let me keep my luggage there and have a shower in a std deluxe room for a small charge before heading to airport at 10pm.

Staying in Park Plaza soi 18 this time as have enough hotel points to cover my 4 night stay for free ???? i know the rooms.are smaller here but have status with the hotel chain so get a free upgrade anyway and can deal with slightly smaller room for 4 nights