Best mall for laptop memory upgrade and add nvme drive

As of last December the three main venues that I know of are Fortune Town, Pantip Plaza and MBK in order of quality. Fortune Town upper floors has the most branded computer store with a few workshop/repair types places. Pantip Plaza is a shadow of it’s former self, although talking to one of the stall holders it is looking to make a comeback after it’s foray into the food market seems to have failed. It felt like Pantip had the largest number of workshop/repair places. MBK is more around mobile phones, I felt, but they have some computer outlets so worth a look.

Bangkok prices I found were not much different from the rest of the world. Worth comparing prices on the internet before coming over.

• Like 1

where Bangkok has an advatage over the West, Japan and Korea is in the price of tech labor. hardware is about the same as elsewhere and the retailers seem to collude on prices, the same hardware is usually same price in every shop

totally agree that Pantip has faded. it's a ghost town taken over by big retailers who pretend they're separate shops but really aren't.

the repair guys way upstairs in Fortune are good. there are some shops that specialize in old/obscure laptop batteries, i think they're still around. also some good camera shops and even some high end audio if you poke around.

TO THE OP: in the area upstairs toward the direction of Lotus's (yeah that's what they call themselves now) there's a shop specializing in RAM. prices are reasonable and they don't charge to install it. so even though my day job is literally doing stuff like that, i have them install RAM upgrades and SSDs on my laptops. it's in the round section and on the left (facing Lotus's-ward) but i cna't remember exactly what floor. 

• Like 1