Is over staying your visa really bad?

playnice

8 hours ago, Herbby said:

You are taking a risk dude…….

I visited an agency in trendy building sukhumvit 13.. they said they will get me a 30 days extension for 15k

I know its a lot but given my situation and the fact that there is only one day before weekend.. I'll go with them 

Hopefully they can deliver what they promised 

Ok for people interested in update 

I visited the trendy building today and the only option is KL Malaysia.. have to stay there 2 days .. some said i have to visit the embassy and apply for visa there while some agencies said they will pick me up once i land in bkk and sort out everything for price of 4000 baht

Another option was offered to me is to go laos and apply from the thai embassy there.

On 1/3/2024 at 11:59 PM, wilsonc123 said:

I overstayed on my first visa run. The date on my passport said the 5th (I thought), but the border guard said it was the 3rd. To this day I still think it said the 5th. Anyway, I just had to pay a fine and that was the end of it.

if it's just a couple of days it's not an issue and the fine is small. i got delayed on border runs about twice since in my entire time here, resulting in a small fine each time. i think the max fine is 20,000 baht but that may have changed, dunno.

90 day reporting, on the other hand... 2k max fine, and normally they do NOT check it when you exit the country, even by land.

10 hours ago, playnice said:

Another option was offered to me is to go laos and apply from the thai embassy there.

There may be differences in the situation or changes in policy since, but I visited Lao for a day, August 12, 2014.

Arriving in BKK at Swampy I was stamped into Thailand on 8/7/2014, good until 9/5/2014 (on the stamp).

Stamped out of Thailand on 8/12/2014 and back in on 8/12/2015, good until 9/10/2014.

Had to pay Lao for a visa, stand around and wait for them, fill out a form, etc., then go to another window for the entrance... (why two window, it's Lao, I guess?).  You do need a visa to enter Lao. It's not free (I forget, but it might have been $100). The do issue them at the land border next to the peace bridge.

Reentering Thailand, quick stamp.

This was on a minibus tour from Udon Thani to Vientiane, which was a nice place for a quick side trip, pretty quiet and clean, have considered going back for longer but never got around to it.

It looks Air Asia will fly you there and back for under $200, but I have no idea what you'd need to enter Lao like that these days.

Edited by little_me

On 1/6/2024 at 3:12 AM, little_me said:

There may be differences in the situation or changes in policy since, but I visited Lao for a day, August 12, 2014.

Arriving in BKK at Swampy I was stamped into Thailand on 8/7/2014, good until 9/5/2014 (on the stamp).

Stamped out of Thailand on 8/12/2014 and back in on 8/12/2015, good until 9/10/2014.

Had to pay Lao for a visa, stand around and wait for them, fill out a form, etc., then go to another window for the entrance... (why two window, it's Lao, I guess?).  You do need a visa to enter Lao. It's not free (I forget, but it might have been $100). The do issue them at the land border next to the peace bridge.

Reentering Thailand, quick stamp.

This was on a minibus tour from Udon Thani to Vientiane, which was a nice place for a quick side trip, pretty quiet and clean, have considered going back for longer but never got around to it.

It looks Air Asia will fly you there and back for under $200, but I have no idea what you'd need to enter Lao like that these days.

Thanks for the helpful and detailed information