Restaurants to avoid

I mentioned briefly in the Om Thong Restaurant thread about how good the staff there were with the BGs.

Conversely I have had bad experiences too, namely at the Sky Restaurant at the Baiyaoke Hotel. The girl I actually took was not a BG (a veterinary surgeon no less) but she did have a micro dress and leg tattoo so they no doubt jumped to conclusions. Granted the place is full of mid/hi-so Thais but my cash is as good as anyones so I won't be going back despite the fact the food was fabulous and the view breath taking.

Any others to avoid?

• 3 weeks later...

You won't have trouble bringing BGs to any good Isaan place, hey, it's their people! Also, in the Sukh area, the Soi 5 Food Center on the corner of Sukh Soi 5 (the one with the open air bar) has quite decent Thai food and really nice staff and owners, they will treat your girl with plenty of respect. Farang prices, but not as bad as many places.

• 1 month later...

Avoid Tip-Top restaurant in Pat Pong unless you are close to a toilet. The 1st time I ate there I had a really bad belly within an hour and had to go back to my hotel. I didn't realise it was the bad food.

2nd time with a thai chick we both had to dash to the hotel within 20 minutes of leaving the place.

I will never eat there again.

Yeah, I made the Tip-Top mistake myself. But in the Pat Pong area, Paddy's Cantina is the worst. Awoke in the

middle of the night with a hole burning in my stomach. Worst experience I've had in LOS, this is some Mexican

food to really avoid.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, just about all the Pubs, and I've eaten in a bunch of them. I know expats get sick of Thai food, but at all of them, the farang food's overpriced and mediocre. The Thai food's better, but 4 X the price in a Thai joint. In essence you're paying way too much for the AC. For me - drinks only. Please add Gullivers. Food on a par with McDonald's IMO. wj

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Been eating all kinds of food in every type of setting in Thailand for over 20 years. Eaten in up scale, down scale, on the street, in the street (not quite face down), up country, down country, Thai food, Euro food, all aspect Asian food, Mexican, etc., etc., etc. Last puke session I remember was from Tony Romas on Suk. Had just enought time to short time a sweet little FL dessert before spending the rest of the evening singing to the toilet. Should have made the FLer the main course.

RR

Avoid the place like the plague if a Tuk Tuk driver suggests where to eat, they are usually overpriced and have pretty ordinary food and they pay a hefty commision to the driver. I got caught once on my first trip to BKK, I wanted to go to the Harmonique Restaurant so I got into the TuK Tuk and the driver said he knew where Harmonique was. The place I ended up at had the name of the restaurant in Thai so none the wiser I went in and had the most expensive and shithouse Thai meal ever. Even a few rats put on a show by ducking out from their burrow and scurrying into the kitchen.

I vowed I would never take recommendations from this internet site again, but this changed because walking down near thew river I came accross the proper Harmonique and had a great meal at about a third of the price.

It turned out that this is a widely practiced scam where some taxis and Tuk Tuk drivers will take you to this restaurant claiming its the place you asked for and the restaurant goes along with the scam as they make it very difficult for you to find out the name of this restaurant.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...