Bussaracum Restaurant

I have been frequenting this excellent restaurant some 17 years now and it never disappoints. The food is always exceptional and strongly recommended to add class to a romantic night out with its plush and classy modern Thai interior and excellent service. It is relatively expensive for Thailand, my last 'Check bin' being 2500 baht for three (the girlfriend and her sister), but we were fully sated and the bill also included Pina Colada's for the 2 girls and a cocktail for myself (can't remember which)

My last visit I had

TOM KHA GAI, to start and then for the main course

KHAO OB SUBPAROD, along with

GOONG YAI TORD KRATIAM PRIKTHAI

The meal was delicious and of the other dishes I have sampled I would recommend the

GAENG KIEW WARN GHAI

The MASAMAN

GAENG PHED with duck

GAENG PANANG GHAI

CHOO CHEE GOONG NANG

Pictures of the above dishes can be found on the website for which I have put a link below

The Restaurant is located as per the map below

Busseracum.jpg

Here is the link to their website where you can read the various menus and contact details to make bookings if so required, but to be honest I have never had the need to book in advance.

Please check the link below

Busseracum

Nice one! I always go to Kinnaree Thai restaurant and bar, in soi 8, as i have always enjoyed the food there and close to where i usually stay. I will definetly try the Busseracum on my next visit to bkk.

I've been searching for a place in BKK that makes great massaman ever since the fantastic thai place in the Landmark Hotel closed. How is the beef in the Massaman? Stringy and tough or tender??

Love to know also.

Brutale, good question - as a fellow Massaman fan I know exactly what you mean. Thai beef is bred to be cooked thin sliced and almost any dish using Thai bred beef will be tough as a result especially so if fast cooked as is most Thai food.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been frequenting this excellent restaurant some 17 years now and it never disappoints. The food is always exceptional and strongly recommended to add class to a romantic night out with its plush and classy modern Thai interior and excellent service. It is relatively expensive for Thailand, my last 'Check bin' being 2500 baht for three (the girlfriend and her sister), but we were fully sated and the bill also included Pina Colada's for the 2 girls and a cocktail for myself (can't remember which)

The Restaurant is located as per the map below

Busseracum.jpg

Here is the link to their website where you can read the various menus and contact details to make bookings if so required, but to be honest I have never had the need to book in advance.

Please check the link below

Busseracum

I have to concur with the review above. I have been coming here since my first visit to Bkk in '89 when it was located off Silom Rd. They used to have a great buffet lunch (guess they still do). Funny thing; the last time I was in Bkk I went to the old location looking forward to the lunch. Obviously, I could not find the restaurant since it had moved. I thought what the hell is going on? Finally, I jumped into a tuk tuk and had the poor driver drive me around the neighborhood looking for the lost restaurant. Eventually I asked a well dressed business man if he remembered the restaurant and what had happened to it. He told me they had moved over to soi 55 off Sukhumvit. So I gave up my immediate search and reluctantly ate lunch locally. But that evening I went there for a fine dinner before I hit Cowboy.

This is a classy restaurant featuring authentic gourmet Thai cuisine. It is not cheap, but well worth it. It is one of my favorites. I will definitely stop by on my next visit to BKK in just 10 days. I am getting hungry already.

• 1 year later...