Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke Residence

I stayed here for three nights at a total cost of 5561 Bhat all in (exclusive of breakfast). Sadly I do not think this deal is available currently, but they may come up in the future if occupancy rates fall again (when I was there they were fully booked!)

The suite has a very capacious living room/kitchen/dining area. The separate bedroom alone (although smaller than the living room) was bigger than most hotel rooms I have styayed in. The bed was extremely comfortable and The large bathroom had a separate shower unit independent of the bath. There ample cupboard space for to accomodate those of an excessively sartorial bent. The suite also had a large utility room inwhich we ( I had my girlfriend stay) stored our baggage. There was a balcony with a view of the hotel's swimming pool. There is also a fitness centre, the facilities of which I was unable to avail myself of due to other more pressing matters.

The staff at reception were very polite and courteous without being invasive and the cleaning staff efficent and considerate of our 'Do not disturb' sign when on.

The issued keycard had only access to the floor we were staying on as an added security feature

All in all this was great value for money and an extremely pleasant stay.

Please click here for link to The Accor 'The Grand Mercure' website

084.JPG

085.JPG

087.JPG

088.JPG

090.JPG

092.JPG

093.JPG

If you like to stay (or eat) at Accore brand hotels (Sofitel, Pullman, Mercure, Novotel, All Seasons, Ibis, Formula 1) in Asia you really should sign up for thier discount program - Accor Advantage Plus/ Asia. It cost something like 5000 baht to sign up but it pays for itself really quickly.

Benifits:

1) Discounts on dinning - ranging from 25% off if you dine alone, up to 50% off when dinning with others

2) Discounted nights at all their hotels - prices can be accessed via the web or via a phone call

3) Automatic entry into the A/Club points club at silver status for the get go

4) Various other discounts on services offered at the hotels (conference rooms, fitness clubs, massage laundry, business center, etc)

On top of that you get one free night to use at any of the hotels on pretty much any date.

An example of the rates one can get for this hotel:

Deluxe Suite:

Without the membership: $83.68 USD (including tax, but no breakfast) - roughly 2845 baht/night

With the membership: $37.65 USD (including tax, but no breakfast) - roughly 1280 baht/night

Now this is a pretty extreme example - saving over 50% - most cases the savings are less.

I just took a trip to Beijing for business and I was able to stay in a suite for about 10% less than the rest of the crew from my company were booked into standard rooms - at a Novotel.

http://www.accorhotels-asia.com/advplus/default.aspx

OK, so I don't know what happened but the member price of $37.65 is no longer availible - not even close. But member rate I get now is $75.31 (2560 baht).

• 2 weeks later...

Can you sigh up over the internet or the the Hotel.

I got into the program thru a friend. But anyone can sign up thru the internet - for both the advantage program as well as the awards program.

Advantage program (valid in Asia and Australia only) - cost around 5,000 baht to join:

http://www.accorhotels-asia.com/advplus/default.aspx

Accor A|Club rewards program (Valid wordlwide) - free to join:

http://www.a-club.com/en/

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed here for three nights at a total cost of 5561 Bhat all in (exclusive of breakfast). Sadly I do not think this deal is available currently, but they may come up in the future if occupancy rates fall again (when I was there they were fully booked!)

The suite has a very capacious living room/kitchen/dining area. The separate bedroom alone (although smaller than the living room) was bigger than most hotel rooms I have styayed in. The bed was extremely comfortable and The large bathroom had a separate shower unit independent of the bath. There ample cupboard space for to accomodate those of an excessively sartorial bent. The suite also had a large utility room inwhich we ( I had my girlfriend stay) stored our baggage. There was a balcony with a view of the hotel's swimming pool. There is also a fitness centre, the facilities of which I was unable to avail myself of due to other more pressing matters.

The staff at reception were very polite and courteous without being invasive and the cleaning staff efficent and considerate of our 'Do not disturb' sign when on.

The issued keycard had only access to the floor we were staying on as an added security feature

All in all this was great value for money and an extremely pleasant stay.

Please click here for link to The Accor 'The Grand Mercure' website

084.JPG

085.JPG

087.JPG

088.JPG

090.JPG

092.JPG

093.JPG

Looks great

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...