night markets

Gee, and I thought the cheeseburgers from the kart outside Nana Plaza was pushing my limits...

(What ever happened to that kart? I haven't looked for it in a while, but used to have great cheeseburgers, much better that hooters, for sure.)

Someone once told me they "harvested" those bugs with a can of raid. Ants, probably not, they bait pretty easy, but not sure how they kill / cook / etc., without crushing? Crickets, sounds plausible, good enough reason for me to avoid.

Being a tourist, not needing household items, no kitchen to cook, I really don't have use for night markets. I get some people find them interested as attractions, but when you realize it's really just a grocery / general store and use it as such a few times the novelty gets thin.

And then there the market in / around Patpong, which is all tourist driven and an annoyance.

11 hours ago, little_me said:

when you realize it's really just a grocery / general store and use it as such a few times the novelty gets thin.

And then there the market in / around Patpong, which is all tourist driven and an annoyance.

I am not an expert on night markets (tjhat's why i created this thread), but the ones i know are not groceries at all.

The last one i  visited, for example, in late 2019, in Petchaburi road (about 800 m from Platinum) was very far from that.

On 10/19/2022 at 2:35 AM, filipef said:

The far i went was deep fried grasshoppers, and i loved it. That goes fine with some beers, i think. Larva and scorpions, well, not yet.

Ugh, can even imagine myself eating that. I guess the western world make me too soft :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ondis said:

Ugh, can even imagine myself eating that. I guess the western world make me too soft :P

LOL

I thought the same, yes. Maybe the same (or the opposite, i don't know) some thais could think about westerns eating rabbits (my ex thai GF thought i was a monster!)

22 minutes ago, filipef said:

Maybe the same (or the opposite, i don't know) some thais could think about westerns eating rabbits (my ex thai GF thought i was a monster!)

Put some playboy rabbit ears on your GF and she thought you were a monster as you, em, ya, OK...

4 hours ago, filipef said:

LOL

I thought the same, yes. Maybe the same (or the opposite, i don't know) some thais could think about westerns eating rabbits (my ex thai GF thought i was a monster!)

LOL really? Do thais consider rabbits as special/holly animals or something like that?

8 hours ago, Ondis said:

LOL really? Do thais consider rabbits as special/holly animals or something like that?

No. In fact, as far as i know, in rural areas they kill rabbits (but for harvests protection, i think). But, for urban people, rabbits are seen as pets.