Indian restaurants

19 minutes ago, drifting clouds said:

Any favourite restaurants on indian food? I love indian food and tried many indian restaurants in Bangkok. Where did any of you had a great experience?

my favorites:

Amritsr - soi 22
Maya - soi 22
indus - soi 26
Rang Mahal - soi 18

Amritsr is on SOI 11 and not on SOI 22. Maya (Holiday Inn, soi 22) and Punjab Grills (Radisson suites Soi 13 Just behind soi 11)  are my favourites. You can also get Kingfisher strong beer at Punjab Grills which compliments Indian food very well.

Also there is a relatively small retaurant called Bawarchi just on right hand side when you enter SOI 11 from nana bts side. This is very good for Indian snacks and main course.

😋

Edited by Champ

Amritsr has a restaurant at soi 11, but also a restaurant on soi 22. I have only been to the Amritsr restaurant on soi 22. 
punjab Grill is on my to do list. 
I visited Bawarchi at soi 4 a few years ago, but it is closed at that location. I will try Bawarchi on soi 11 next week. Thanks for sharing Champ. 

One indian restaurant that actually left a lasting impression on me has been Haoma, right from the ideology etc.,

Great food.

Bawarchi is going to be part of the new AIra hotel I beleive which is set to reopen soon, another restaurant that hits the spot is the Charcoal grill at fraser which is really nice as well.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Love Indian food, great for the heat and amazing flavours.  Thanks for the recommendations

How about average prices per meal - Punjabi grill was 280- 320 for daal for example. 

Anything you'd rate as particularly good value for money?

Now I'm hungry...:) 

I remember going to Amritsr last year but they didn't have an AC (or wasn't working). I wasn't about to sit in hot weather eating Indian food. Ended up going to Bawarchi down the street. Food and service was quite good, but def pricey. I guess that's just how it works for Indian food in Bkk.