Centre Pointe at Soi 10

It's pretty good, about the only negative I can think of is that some of the rooms are dated, and it is a bit far down the soi. But they have done quite a bit of remodeling so maybe all the rooms have been upgraded by now. They have a tuk-tuk service that will run you to/from Suk to the hotel. There is a barber, mini-mart, and restaurant on the ground floor. The rooms are spacious and they have LAN internet in the rooms (which I prefer over wireless that many hotels offer).

Soi 10 is not open from end to end all the time - only the Suk end is. The other end leads to the tobacco monopoly. Not being open from end to end means there is a lot less traffic and so the soi has a much more homely feel IMHO - not very busy most of the time.

Stayed there a couple of times and was given a huge (by BKK standards) apt. Must have been 800 sqft. Big bathroom, deck, living room,kitchen, & nice pool. I'll probably bunk here again in Sept. Never seen it so cheap ($51). I'd say it's 70% residents - 30% hotel guests. My only bitch - no LCD tvs (last year anyway). All in all thumbs up ! wj

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you folks. So far, every review has been positive.

IBF,

I know the soi is not open from one end but can you walk over the pond (or whatever it is) and stroll towards the park (Express HWY) as the Google map indicates?

wackyjacky,

How guest friendly the hotel is? I've heard they ask for ID at night but not during the day.

Thank you folks. So far, every review has been positive.

IBF,

I know the soi is not open from one end but can you walk over the pond (or whatever it is) and stroll towards the park (Express HWY)?

Yes, you can walk thru - no problem. There is a bridge, (same brige for vehicle and foot traffic) over the nasty smelly klong/canal. The park has a fence around it without an unlocked opening at the back corner towards Soi 10. So you have to walk all the way around to the far side of the park to get into the park. There is a footpath next to the klong that I think you can take all the way to lumpini - never walked down it as the klong smells too bad for me to every want to give it a try.

It's a serviced apt. and as such, you can bring in a girl, a boy, a poodle, and an armadillo. It's none of their business (unless you bring them all to breakfast) !

Very well, I also assume you can have a complimentary breakfast for one guest at a time!

Do you remember how often the cleaning service was performed? Twice a week? Do they also have a laundry service? If so, is it extra?

Very well, I also assume you can have a complimentary breakfast for one guest at a time!

Do you remember how often the cleaning service was performed? Twice a week? Do they also have a laundry service? If so, is it extra?

Yeah, just book for 2 guests. Laundry - no clue. I usually have the old birds on the soi do it. Cleaning daily (might be different for long term guests). From the pics, it looks like they put in LCDs. I went from an upgraded room at the SGS to CP10 and was impressed. I doubt they've gone downhill much in the last 9 months. wj

Yeah, just book for 2 guests. Laundry - no clue. I usually have the old birds on the soi do it. Cleaning daily (might be different for long term guests). From the pics, it looks like they put in LCDs. I went from an upgraded room at the SGS to CP10 and was impressed. I doubt they've gone downhill much in the last 9 months. wj

I'm a clean person and perhaps won't be needing a housing wash through every day, nonetheless, I expect them to do make an effort to sweep and scrub once in a while. If they had a laundry machine in the apartment, it would have made a world of difference because then I'd make sure an appropriate detergent to be used when washing my clothes.

And yes, they have installed nice LCD's; too bad I don't know what brand/model they are to see whether I can hook up my laptop via a proper cable. The only downside to CP10 is that it's too far away from the main road. This would hinder the accessibility to places like 7/11 and piling up on stocks. Yes, I know they have a tuk-tuk service but how does one get around carrying a bunch of grocery bags in that area anyway? Do taxis, if offered and paid, drive you all the way to the front of the complex?

P.S. The only thing left is to clock the download/upload bandwidth on the land line. Alright, alright, maybe I'm asking for too much. :)

I'm a clean person and perhaps won't be needing a housing wash through every day, nonetheless, I expect them to do make an effort to sweep and scrub once in a while. If they had a laundry machine in the apartment, it would have made a world of difference because then I'd make sure an appropriate detergent to be used when washing my clothes.

And yes, they have installed nice LCD's; too bad I don't know what brand/model they are to see whether I can hook up my laptop via a proper cable. The only downside to CP10 is that it's too far away from the main road. This would hinder the accessibility to places like 7/11 and piling up on stocks. Yes, I know they have a tuk-tuk service but how does one get around carrying a bunch of grocery bags in that area anyway? Do taxis, if offered and paid, drive you all the way to the front of the complex?

P.S. The only thing left is to clock the download/upload bandwidth on the land line. Alright, alright, maybe I'm asking for too much. :)

Most if not all of the units have washing machines and dryers.

There is a mini-mart on the ground floor of the building - and they are not priced too much higher than 7-11. But you can also go to Tops (under Robinson by the Asoke BTS station) and they can deliver to your unit.

A taxi will take you right to the entrance, and if you want the reception staff will call a taxi to pick you up at the entrance as well (no added charge for this from the staff or the taxi - as they typically just flag one down off the soi). Also make a note of the reception phone number, then if you are out and about walking, and want to take the tuk-tuk back to the hotel from the end of the soi you can call and they'll send it (if it is not already on the way). I'd call them as I got off the BTS and by the time I got to the entrance to soi 10 most of the time the tuk-tuk was there waiting.

You can square away the LCD/laptop issue with a quick trip to pantip plaza or fortune town after you take a look for yourself.

As for internet speed when I last stayed there - over three years ago - I was able to do stuff over a VPN connection with no problem (using their LAN connection in the room).

Most if not all of the units have washing machines and dryers.

I see the website mentions a washer for the single bedroom units so I presumed it's a [dish] washer rather than washing machine and dryer.

A taxi will take you right to the entrance...

Excellent

Also make a note of the reception phone number, then if you are out and about walking, and want to take the tuk-tuk back to the hotel from the end of the soi you can call and they'll send it (if it is not already on the way). I'd call them as I got off the BTS and by the time I got to the entrance to soi 10 most of the time the tuk-tuk was there waiting.

Good idea. I didn't know they are that responsive. But something I forgot to ask, how late does the tuk-tuk service operate? I don't suppose he drives around 2 in the morning for my mongering ass, is he? That would make me obligated to tip the guy. :)

As for internet speed when I last stayed there - over three years ago - I was able to do stuff over a VPN connection with no problem (using their LAN connection in the room).

You can zap VPN thorough any connection. I was just wondering whether they have upgraded the juice on their bandwidth.

Thanks for all the hints.

• 13 years later...

I have stay here a number of times, most recently last summer.  Renovations were complete and all was fine and it was still girl friendly.  Does anyone have recent experience to confirm it remains girl friendly?