Visa run from bangkok

justice

How much longer are you planning to stay? If you do a visa run via a land border crossing, you'll only get an extra 15 days unless of course you have an actual visa. If you fly into Thailand, than you'll get the 30 days.

If you get a tourist visa before you leave for Thailand, you'll get 60 days when you arrive. You can then extend that another 30 days for I think 1900 baht(could be wrong on the price). If you get a double entry visa, you can do the process twice.

If you were in Manila during the Pacquio fight, I'm sure you'd have no problem finding a place to watch the fight. :rolleyes:

Of course, I'm referring to your other post I just read a minute ago about a place to see the fight.

• 8 months later...

An easy option for a visa renewal is a quick flight via Thai Air Asia to Penang. Spend a night or even day in Georgetown seeing the sites and then fly back to Bangkok. Stay in a cheap Chinese style hotel on Leboh Chulia (Chulia Street) in the old part of Georgetown (a/c room 400 baht). Great Indian food in Georgetown, and if you feel like it the ST hotels are right off of Leboh Chulia (only worth using if you just want to say you've done it). Malaysia gives you a 90 day visa for free on arrival. Thai immigration could learn from Malaysia.

An alternative is to fly to Laos for a day, but the PDR Lao immigration soaks you for a visa - $35 for US and UK citizens, $30 for Australia. Vientiane's nightlife is small and discrete but does exist. (Lao women are gorgeous.)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The visa run is a no brainer, very easy why pay others to charge you for something you can do easy yourself, it really is not hard, get a bus by land, but I like to Fly, to PP, it is cheap, and $20 US Dollar Cambodian visa stamp, spend a few days just for fun, hotels are cheap, and see a few things, then fly back, if you fly air Asia don't let them mess with you or ripe you off, and fly a week before your due out, if Air Asia tries to pull ANYTHING to get more money from you, go to the Tourist Police, really they have been known in the BKK airport office to try to pull scams. but other then that, VERY easy,for what you would pay the company, you can do yourself and have way more fun

if you have a Thai wife or baby you can get a one year visa to Thailand, then a one week visa run each year

• 4 months later...

if you fly air Asia don't let them mess with you or ripe you off, and fly a week before your due out, if Air Asia tries to pull ANYTHING to get more money from you, go to the Tourist Police, really they have been known in the BKK airport office to try to pull scams.

Zebraman777, what types of scams? Sure, they charge extra for seat assignments, meals, and luggage, but am curious about how they try to pull off the scam part? Please tell.