Los Cabos Grill

A buddy of mine, Robb Vaughn, has opened the Los Cabos Grill on Soi 14 behind the Sheraton. He's been accomplished chef for 30 years and really knows Mexican food. The place has a couple outside bars under some huge Banyan Trees and is a great place to hang out with a margarita in hand too. I think he's got at least a dozen parking spaces and plenty of room for functions upstairs. Here's a link to the Trip Advisor pics: http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotos-g293916-d1597240-Los_Cabos_California_Mexican_Grill-Bangkok.html

• 2 weeks later...

Prices are comparable to other mexican restaurants in bangers, but quality is better. Just had the shrimp fajitas there for dinner today, 390 baht. Tasty, but wish the accompaniments included guacamole instead of the beans. Combo plates go for around 350. Margaritas 95 baht until 7 PM. Daily specials. Best Mexican food in town.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah. Los Cabos is now closed.

I liked this place, though I thought selling Mexican food at a higher price point really fights the DNA - it is peasant comfort food, better enjoyed at lower price points and in a dive joint made out of an old refurbished radiator repair shop.

In its place will open a new theme restaurant named Hemingway's. New thread, soon.