ROOPTOP OR LANDMARK

Brain matter must be dying through over indulgence. I am coming over in new year and want to take my lady to the bar on top of one of the hotels which has a great view over the city. Unfortunateley I have had a drink in this bar (but had a few on board andcant remeber too much, must be altitude)and ate in a Hotel with a restaurant on the 34th floor but for the life of me cannot remember which is which. I know the restaurant on the 34th the floor had a glass lift up to the restaurant on the outside of the building and the lift was direct to the restaurant and you were greeted my miss world. The bar was on the roof of one of the tallest buildings with great views and part of the bar was open air.

I think the one was the Landmark and the other might be the rooftop but I am not sure which one is which so any ideas.

Cheers Big C

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I took my Tilac to Sirocco for dinner last year. One of the most amazing experiences of my life. The setting and the view was spectacular, the service was exceptional, and the meal was fantastic. If you really want to make an impression or have an experience, I highly recommend Sirocco.

Sirocco is the restaurant on top of Lebua @ the state tower, if you just want a drink then you can goto the sky bar and its open air on the 64th floor (i think) nearest BTS is Saphin Taksin just walk up the street you'll see the hotel no worries.

I actually prefer Vertigo the restaurant/bar is on top of the Banyan Tree on the Sathorn road, not far from the lumphini night bazaar.

If you like your high bars with views Longtable is great for drinks although I must say had a fantastic meal there last time I was there too this is on 25th floor of the column building on suk soi 16 think nearest BTS is Asoke, this is also much less touristy than sirroco or banyan tree.

All 3 are googleable.

• 2 years later...

Wanted to add a few thoughts to SirSpike's post.

We went to Sirocco for a drink when visiting Lebua.

The novelty of the place is nice, the view is great, but that is about as good as it gets. The Skybar is extremely busy, body to body. Pictures are only allowed in certain places. A lot of "douchy" types there also. Not my scene.

Down a few floors in the same building is a beautiful restaurant that is on a psuedo rooftop, Breeze.

Breeze is a beautiful, classy more affordable place that has many similar views and way more relaxed feel.