Kimpton Maa-Lai Bangkok

Never heard of it, and previously having a high status in IHG rewards flush with points, staying the Intercontinental and Crown Plaza for free before, I'm a bit surprised to see it's there, guessing it wasn't there last time I was (little over a year ago).

It's an upscale area, near a bunch of Western Embassies and several other high end hotels. But depending on how you get about, it's still probably one kilometer walking to skytrain or a street jammed with gridlock traffic most of the day....

If you do stay there, and like to explore a bit on foot, there's a "sky walk" starting on the NE corner of Lumpini park... I'm curious if it goes all the way to Benjakitti park and if you can get to the end of Sukhumvit Soi 4 from there?  I was staying at the Crown Plaza at the far corner of Lumpini several nights and walked back, giving up on taxis at closing time at Nana, only seeing this from the wrong end and never sure if it went through.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, little_me said:

If you do stay there, and like to explore a bit on foot, there's a "sky walk" starting on the NE corner of Lumpini park... I'm curious if it goes all the way to Benjakitti park and if you can get to the end of Sukhumvit Soi 4 from there?  I was staying at the Crown Plaza at the far corner of Lumpini several nights and walked back, giving up on taxis at closing time at Nana, only seeing this from the wrong end and never sure if it went through.

The walk from Lumpini Park is called the Green Mile. You can get off of it at Soi 2 and Soi 10 where it goes beyond that I have not explored. There is no direct exit onto Soi 4. However you can get to Soi 4 from Soi 2 by using the Ulit Alley (Sukhumvit 4 Soi 2). There is a metal gate just past the north end of Alt Hotel Nana on Soi 2, see the picture below

https://maps.app.goo.gl/v53Q2SmdVWs4cRZk9

Usually that gate is locked to prevent car and motor bikes using it as a rat run. However there is a pedestrian gate within the right hand gate, which you can see it in the link, that you can use. It is sometimes chained up but opens up enough to let you through. You then follow Ulit Alley past Boss Suites Nana hotel to get to the bottom of Soi 4.

• Upvote 1