R-Haan 2stars (traditional thai dining)

• 3 weeks later...

fwiw, there is a lot of controversy around R-Hann and their 2 stars, a lot of people (industry and customers) believe that they have connections with michelin thailand and have used unscrupulous methods to get their 2 stars. If you go to any other 2 star establishment in bangkok, the food and experience will be drastically different.

not to say that r-hann isnt a good resturant with good food - just not deserving of the current 2 star rating. i have been and think they are 1 star (at best), or a bib gourmand is more reasonable. Have you been to other 2 star resturants in bangkok? would love to hear what you think comparatively if you have.

the only other 2 star thai resturant is Sorn (extremely annoying to get reservations at) and i think that that resturant is properly rated at 2. Would highly recommend a visit if you can get a res.

Edited by tti

• 6 months later...
On 7/15/2023 at 2:00 PM, d3m0k said:

Wow.  This looks great!  Thank you for the review and pictures. 

Is it me or do the portions look small?  Also, what's happening in the 6th pic?  Some sort of infuser?

sorry for late. each dishes are not enough for 1 portion but after finish all course of dishes, you will be full enough LOL

On 8/6/2023 at 1:14 PM, tti said:

fwiw, there is a lot of controversy around R-Hann and their 2 stars, a lot of people (industry and customers) believe that they have connections with michelin thailand and have used unscrupulous methods to get their 2 stars. If you go to any other 2 star establishment in bangkok, the food and experience will be drastically different.

not to say that r-hann isnt a good resturant with good food - just not deserving of the current 2 star rating. i have been and think they are 1 star (at best), or a bib gourmand is more reasonable. Have you been to other 2 star resturants in bangkok? would love to hear what you think comparatively if you have.

the only other 2 star thai resturant is Sorn (extremely annoying to get reservations at) and i think that that resturant is properly rated at 2. Would highly recommend a visit if you can get a res.

Totally agree LOL

But anyway most of ppl who rate michelin are very naive to exotic flavors Haha

Sorn is better I agree