Tawandang German Brewery

I remember going there a few years ago, with with some thai business men and i think i was the only westerner in the whole place. Alot of Thai's will have birthday's there and work functions. from what i remember the food was pretty good and they did serve imported beer. Seemed like quite a good night, the night i went anyway.

• 2 months later...

this tawandang is great with the beer flowing the food is good, i went to this place many times almost every taxidriver nows where it is. also went to the isan tawandeng but i forget the adress...... anybody now it?

Address is: Tawandang German Brewery, Branch II: Ram Indra, 51/199-200 Moo 1 Khwaeng Ladprao, Khet Ladprao, Bangkok 10230 . tel nr: 02 944 5131 or 2.

Evil

Map:

map_beer2.png

Edited by Evil Penevil

Address is: Tawandang German Brewery, Branch II: Ram Indra, 51/199-200 Moo 1 Khwaeng Ladprao, Khet Ladprao, Bangkok 10230 . tel nr: 02 944 5131 or 2.

Evil

Map:

EP,great picture of Rama III, but no, EP, the Tawandaeng you show on your map is not the Issan Tawandaeng, it is exactly like the Tawandaeng on Rama III. It is referred to as Tawandaeng Ram Indra. The Issan Tawandaeng is in the other direction on Pattanakan Road. It is much smaller than the Tawandaeng on Rama III. Tell the taxi driver you want to go to the "Tawandaeng Klongtan". By the way, there is another "Tawandaeng" there on Pattanakan Road (also referred to as Tawandeng Klongtan, since it is the Klongtan district), almost across from the Issan Tawandaeng (the Issan one being on the left side as you are going out, the other on the right side) and it is hard to describe. The music is more "wailun" type music, the food is not as good as Rama III (they do not share the same menu) and they do NOT have the home brewed Tawandaeng beer, but rather serve standard Thai beer offerings. The band is nowhere near as good as Nam Fong, and when they take breaks, there is a 1 hour (or more) hiatus. However, it is open much later (Thai style) and does not close at 1:00 AM, I have been there until after 2:00 AM.

I have been to the one on Ram Indra (the one on your map) many times, it is, let's say, the suburbs version of the one on Rama III, same format (show early, then band), same menu, same home brewed beer (thank God). It is about 120 baht taxi ride from the farang areas and quite frankly, many taxi drivers don't know where it is. The trick for the taxis is to take the tollway (tang deuan) towards Ram Indra Road, but get off at Kaset Newamin exit--there be careful, and tell the taxi to keep to the right and go over the bridge and continue on the tollway access road. If he actually exits on onto Kaset Newamin, it is a bitch to u-turn and get back to the access road. Once on the access road, go another 2 kilometers and the Tawandaeng is there on the left hand side. For those of you with your own car, it has a large, large parking lot. If you are on the tollway and you get to Ram Indra, you have gone too far and have to come back.

The one major difference (and one of the reasons I will frequent it from time to time) is that Tawandaeng Ram Indra is licensed as a restaurant rather than a bar and that allows underage children or teenagers to remain at the place after 10 o'clock. If you bring kids under 20 (or under 21) to Rama III, they have to be "out the door" by 10:00 PM. This is not the case at the Ram Indra branch and I have brought my 15 year old and my Gf's 16 year old along to see the entire show and band, which they enjoy. This being said, don't get the idea that there are a bunch of rugrats running around, it is still mostly an adult place. Otherwise, same same of a good thing. It is actually a bit larger than the one on Rama III. They also have concerts there (same as Rama III), as I have gone to see Carabao at Tawandaeng Ram Indra.

Edited by khagai

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...