Is Hua Hin worth a sie trip ?

BKKCharlie

Am thinking of a few days in Hua Hin. Staying Novotel Cha Am. Worth a side trip ? I think Novotel might be a little isolated - or are there some fun bars close - any Hua Hin experts out there ? Or is there a seperate Hua Hin forum ?

Check out the Pattaya addict's section.

It's slow and small. Was there 5 years ago and seemed like there were a lot of large nice resorts, not a lot else.

There's a beach, didn't look particularly fabulous, but seemed a lot cleaner than Pattaya. (That might just be cause I didn't walks past anything that was obviously a sewage outlet into the sea right at the end of the beach. ya, that large building between the beach and walking street in Pattaya, WTF else do you think that is?).  

I was there with others and not looking for bars or women, and really didn't notice much while we were around town.

Nice enough place to kick back at a resort. I'm sure there is some adult entertainment going on somewhere in that town, but I doubt it'll be remarkable.

Not really worth a side trip if your on vacation there's loads of better options, go to one of the islands if your after a decent beach and as bit of mongering or if it's just mongering then Bangkok and Pattaya are all you need.

It's slow its quiet. Food especially seafood excellent and cheap. That's one reason I would go back... Bars a quiet but fun. If that's your scene then you will enjoy. I's a good change to the Pattaya/Nana scene and worth a look. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've always really liked Hua Hin and think it is worth the side trip.

Its a different pace from Bangkok, beer is cheaper and the girls are older I guess, still a few diamonds to be found. Main strip is Hilton/Soi Bintabaht, if you do a couple of searches on YouTube you'll get a good idea of the area and its best to go out later at night, Panama and Hilton are good places to pick up. 

There is also Soi 80 which is a area about 5 mins tuk-tuk from Hilton. Its ok during the day, bars are dirt cheap but full of the worst kind of pissed, jaded, boasting Ex-Pats. One decent bar called Nana Bar was run by lovely Thai MILF, her girls were nice enough if you like tattoos. 

Enjoy!