Best street food

If you can stomach Isaan food then the vendors at the top of Suk Soi 18 are awesome. One does the normal papaya and laap salads, another guy further down does bbq salt encrusted fish, which is some of the best I've had in Bangkok.

Word of warning its really busy so expect a bit of a wait, but its worth it.     

Other than that, I agree that Nana is a good place to start. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know it's weird but fried bugs really taste good. It's exotic, really but its crunch is amazing. I mean, I was hesitant to try it at first but it was amazing once I tried it. They even taste good with seasoning, promise. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 12:16 AM, MarLion said:

I know it's weird but fried bugs really taste good. It's exotic, really but its crunch is amazing. I mean, I was hesitant to try it at first but it was amazing once I tried it. They even taste good with seasoning, promise. 

Dude, I went to Bugs Cafe in Siem Reap and had quite the experience.  We ate scorpions, crickets, some sort of larvae and a huge "water bug".  I think it was a roach but I ate it anyway.  I'll eat almost anything but that was a challenge.  The night we went they were out of tarantula otherwise I would have had that too.  If anybody is going to Angkor Wat, check that place out.    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/23/2020 at 4:08 PM, Marco Polo said:

Dude, I went to Bugs Cafe in Siem Reap and had quite the experience.  We ate scorpions, crickets, some sort of larvae and a huge "water bug".  I think it was a roach but I ate it anyway.  I'll eat almost anything but that was a challenge.  The night we went they were out of tarantula otherwise I would have had that too.  If anybody is going to Angkor Wat, check that place out.    

I’d second that recommendation! We tried the bug cafe in SR too and the food actually tasted good! The red ant spring rolls were a particular favourite of mine 🐜

On 11/25/2020 at 10:16 AM, JS53 said:

I’d second that recommendation! We tried the bug cafe in SR too and the food actually tasted good! The red ant spring rolls were a particular favourite of mine 🐜

The girl I was with was a vegetarian so it was quite the moral debate.  I mean bugs are alive right?  She ate up in the name of sustainability and insect protein being more environmentally friendly than meat.  LOL.

• 2 months later...
On 11/24/2020 at 12:08 AM, Marco Polo said:

It's been a while since my last log in, sorry bro! I'll keep that in my mind when I'm gonna travel again! thankss mate!