Best way to get return trip to Sukhumvit from Pattaya

Hi guys

Just looking for any ideas you may have. I had originally booked to stay at Sukhumvit 6/1 but have now decided to spend the rest of my trip (until Sunday) in Pattaya. I'm in Pattaya just now but my suitcase is at my Sukhumvit hotel. So at some point (probably Saturday) I'm going to have to return to pick up my suitcase. I got the bus down from the East terminal but there was a lot of waiting around so I'd like to take a cab if possible.

I'm probably going to want to spend a few hours when I get back to Bangkok as I really want to try Dr BJ. So I'm guessing that rules out taking a cab and having them wait for me. Other than paying around 2 x 1200 for a taxi or spending the extra waiting time taking the bus, is there any alternative that you guys can think of which may work? 

Thanks

Bus from Eckami Terminal to Pattaya leaves about every 30 minutes. 108 baht.

Hi guys

Just looking for any ideas you may have. I had originally booked to stay at Sukhumvit 6/1 but have now decided to spend the rest of my trip (until Sunday) in Pattaya. I'm in Pattaya just now but my suitcase is at my Sukhumvit hotel. So at some point (probably Saturday) I'm going to have to return to pick up my suitcase. I got the bus down from the East terminal but there was a lot of waiting around so I'd like to take a cab if possible.

I'm probably going to want to spend a few hours when I get back to Bangkok as I really want to try Dr BJ. So I'm guessing that rules out taking a cab and having them wait for me. Other than paying around 2 x 1200 for a taxi or spending the extra waiting time taking the bus, is there any alternative that you guys can think of which may work? 

Thanks

Easiest way is to get a taxi from Pattaya, it's always cheaper to get taxi from Pattaya to Bangkok than vice versa as the taxi's bringing guys from the airport are based in Bangkok and they want a return fair sometimes the poor fucker sleep a night in their taxi waiting for one so should be able to get it for 1000bhat. Get dropped off, get sucked off then get a taxi meter to the airport for roughly 380 bhat plus highway fee, if it's after 9pm don't really need to use the highway often drivers will charge you saying "include highway" then not take the fucker anyway and it doesn't add much time to the journey at night.

Cheaper method is get the bus to Ekamai roughly 80 bhat for motorbike taxi to bus station, 120 bhat for the bus, BTS to Nana 25 bhat then get the BTS to Phayathai 25 bhat and catch airport rail link 45 bhat so 295 bhat all in but it's gonna take a lot longer. When I was living there I used to take this option as I had plenty of time, on vacation time is more of a constraint plus I'm carrying more baggage so now I'd probably go with the taxi option.

Edited by BangkokBeats

Why not try one of the private car services as I do not understand why you would have to pay 2x 1200 for a taxi?

I believe around 1500 average price for a one way fare.

Get to BKK, go get a blowie and collect your bag and head to the airport in a taxi or get the BTS/MRT to the ARL station and then to airport.

I believe he has to pay an 2x 1200 because after Pattaya - BKK he still needs to go back to Pattaya again before he goes off to his next destination..

Why not try one of the private car services as I do not understand why you would have to pay 2x 1200 for a taxi?

I believe around 1500 average price for a one way fare.

Get to BKK, go get a blowie and collect your bag and head to the airport in a taxi or get the BTS/MRT to the ARL station and then to airport.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

I believe he has to pay an 2x 1200 because after Pattaya - BKK he still needs to go back to Pattaya again before he goes off to his next destination..

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

ah yes, I read it as get back to BKK go get a BJ and pick up bag then head to airport.

I would of just contacted hotel and said I’d collect bag Sunday and grab it before heading to airport.