Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Sukhumvit 11

On 1/25/2022 at 11:06 AM, Soi11 said:

Haven't stayed at that Holiday Inn, I do often stay at the Westin on Soi 11, I would recommend it, great location, great buffet as discussed on a different thread

Holiday Inn Express is a step below a Holiday Inn, and you're comparing probably 5 star (Westin) and 3 star hotels...

I've been to many Holiday Inn Expresses in the US, and the breakfast is pretty uniformly awful at all of them, eggs that must be some kinda dried / reconstituted thing to be as bad as they are (with no salt or butter), bland sausages and grease less bacon... bags of instant oat meal... Pastries in individual wrapped plastic packages...  All from places that don't have kitchens!!!  Being in Bangkok it's probably better, not dealing with the average US Midwesterner's lack of desire to taste their food, but I'm sure it's not up to the quality of any of the higher end hotels.

Standard expectations for the chain is a free breakfast and self service laundry in every hotel. And a few exercise machines in janitors closet somewhere with a few weights, usually no pool.  And usually no restaurant (ya, breakfast prepared without a kitchen...).