Antibiotics - sensible precaution

cunningpunt

Condoms protect against HIV, but are not full protection from others diseases like HPV and the clap. I got a bad dose of the clap bc the two bitches kept fingering their own holes and then touching my dick and ass.... even though i suited up for the sex. It happened a few times for me.

You can try prophylaxis where you take a low course of antibiotics drying your trip.... assuming it's 10 days or less. You can carry with you a course to take home in case symptoms appear. You can go to a in-depth STD clinic that does deep testing, like Pulse in BKK. Blood, swabs, all parts including mouth and ass tested.

What? Ice factories are pretty common throughout the world. It's usually cheaper and more convenient to just buy ice. I don't drink at street-side bars but what seems more likely; a street side bar is trying to freeze their own ice OR they're just buying bags of ice from 7/11.

Think about what we are talking about. Think about what you just said. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea why you'd take antibotics throughout your stay in Thailand. If you wear a condom, you're probably not going to get any of the things that can be cured with antibotics anyway. With a condom, you'll get herpes or warts or a more general version of HPV. BBBJ could get you something weird a I suppose. You really just need to get tested at the end of your trip if you want to keep it off the records.

• Upvote 1

I have no idea why you'd take antibotics throughout your stay in Thailand. If you wear a condom, you're probably not going to get any of the things that can be cured with antibotics anyway. With a condom, you'll get herpes or warts or a more general version of HPV. BBBJ could get you something weird a I suppose. You really just need to get tested at the end of your trip if you want to keep it off the records.

I've gotten the Clap (Chlamydia) when wearing condoms....the girl touches her pussy and then touches your dick without condom. Also can get from blow Job.

I agree with you it's not a good method to use antibiotics as prophylactic. But it does work. For example, when there is an infection running through farms, a low dose of antibiotic is put in the feed to keep animals protected. I'm not saying it's healthy, but it can help protect if that was important to someone who needed that extra level.

I have no idea why you'd take antibotics throughout your stay in Thailand. If you wear a condom, you're probably not going to get any of the things that can be cured with antibotics anyway.

There’s more infections and pathogens than the ones you stick your dick n, you know - the most typical being something you eat, or something that gets in your eye, or something you get from a girl sticking her tongue in you, etc...

A prophylactic course in antibiotic reduces the risk from those infection vectors, if you are concerned.

Yes, but taking antibiotics when you have no real need to take them just causes antibiotic resistance.

No, it doesn’t. You are incorrect.

Not finishing a full regimen of antibiotics causes antibiotics resistance.

It’s not you becoming resistant, it’s the pathogen you are treating yourself for.

By not finishing a full regimen (usually 10 days) you run the risk that more resistant strains have survived, or mutated into resistant strains, and those will then reproduce, now more resistant to the treatment.

Hence, whey, whenever you start a treatment, finish it completely.

No, it doesn’t. You are incorrect.

Not finishing a full regimen of antibiotics causes antibiotics resistance.

It’s not you becoming resistant, it’s the pathogen you are treating yourself for.

By not finishing a full regimen (usually 10 days) you run the risk that more resistant strains have survived, or mutated into resistant strains, and those will then reproduce, now more resistant to the treatment.

Hence, whey, whenever you start a treatment, finish it completely.

I didn't want to get into a long-winded explanation - what you say is correct, however taking antibiotics unnecessarily contributes to antibiotic resistance for various reasons (see your point #3, which can happen even with a fully completed course; mutation and partial resistance play a role here). Of course it's the pathogen that becomes resistant (I didn't suggest otherwise).

One of the current significant causes of pathogen resistance is the widespread use of antibiotic prophylaxis in livestock. Unnecessary antibiotic use should be discouraged - they should only be used in case of an infection, not just to make the worried-well feel better

Edited by js89
  • Upvote 1

I didn't want to get into a long-winded explanation - what you say is correct, however taking antibiotics unnecessarily contributes to antibiotic resistance for various reasons (see your point #3, which can happen even with a fully completed course; mutation and partial resistance play a role here). Of course it's the pathogen that becomes resistant (I didn't suggest otherwise).

One of the current significant causes of pathogen resistance is the widespread use of antibiotic prophylaxis in livestock. Unnecessary antibiotic use should be discouraged - they should only be used in case of an infection, not just to make the worried-well feel better

Ultimately, at the core of what you say, you are correct - and by and large, people shouldn’t just dose up on antibiotics for no good reasons (there’s also the issue of the gut flora being destroyed, and possibly impact on the liver) - on the other hand, when expecting to be in a pathogen rich environment, prophylactic use can be useful.

My general goto MO right now is to make sure I always pack amoxicillin and cipro (along with immodium), and use them at the first sign of trouble. Usually, most peoples’ undoing is that they experience the first warning signs, but decide (stupidly) “I can tough it out” or “let’s see if it gets worse”.

Well, the answers are “no, you can’t” and “yes, it will” - except by the time they realize that, they have allowed the pathogen to spread wide through their body.

If you super-dose at the first sign of trouble (1000mg) and then switch to 2x 500mg for 10 days, you can literally suffer zero downtime - the first sign of trouble being usually the initial rumbling that you can feel within 10 minutes of consuming something “bad”.

Ultimately, at the core of what you say, you are correct - and by and large, people shouldn’t just dose up on antibiotics for no good reasons (there’s also the issue of the gut flora being destroyed, and possibly impact on the liver) - on the other hand, when expecting to be in a pathogen rich environment, prophylactic use can be useful.

My general goto MO right now is to make sure I always pack amoxicillin and cipro (along with immodium), and use them at the first sign of trouble. Usually, most peoples’ undoing is that they experience the first warning signs, but decide (stupidly) “I can tough it out” or “let’s see if it gets worse”.

Well, the answers are “no, you can’t” and “yes, it will” - except by the time they realize that, they have allowed the pathogen to spread wide through their body.

If you super-dose at the first sign of trouble (1000mg) and then switch to 2x 500mg for 10 days, you can literally suffer zero downtime - the first sign of trouble being usually the initial rumbling that you can feel within 10 minutes of consuming something “bad”.

Another way to do this, as the Thais do, is to train your pallet to detect bad food. Back home, because bad food is rare, we let down our guard or never even build up the senses to detect...but overseas, you need to hone those skills.

• 4 weeks later...

I was overly protective on my first trip to the LOS and purchased OTC antibiotics and basically was prepared to self medicate.  Wasn't necessary.

Nowadays I just play safe and get tested when I return and trust that I can get a doctor to take care of my woes, if any exist.

In short, don't be foolish.

• Upvote 1