What's it like in BKK?

markusmjk

I'm taking cheap airline tickets to Thailand, bkk in a few months! I'm hoping that I will be using the skytrain from the airport!!! hah... But not expecting much! What is it like in BKK? I heard the night life is quite busy. What would be the coolest and biggest shopping mall in BKK besides Paragon because I've heard it's a bit expensive, right? I also want to learn some thai? Is there any suggestions for some thai school? Any .. ohhhh muay Thai?!?!?! I want to learn some of it, not ALL of it? DO you know any place I can attend??!?!?!

Some cool thai food? I heard it's spicy. And the TUKTUK ride should be fun? I also heard about JJ market? What is it like? Since I am going to be staying there more than 3 months, I want to know if staying in the city would be worth it because the traffic is going to be hectic, right? I'm not quite sure and I definitely need some suggestions on that one.

Everything that you've heard about Bangkok is a myth. It's an elaborate hoax. Come on, if such a place existed, do you think we'd share that knowledge with everybody? No way. We'd keep it for ourselves--more for me, as the say it.

If you're anywhere near Salt Lake City, in the US, you might give it a try.

I have just the place for you. On my last trip I spent a few hours scouting out places around Sukumvit. I found this nice guest house for 700 baht per night off Sukhumvit Soi 6. Perfect for a long term stay. It is in a really quiet area (rare for downtown BKK) and is clean and secure.

Here is the contact info: Orchid Place, 17/4 Soi Sukhumvit 6, [email protected]. I have no financial interest in the place, it just impressed me and seems good for a long-term stay.

If you have bigger budget, then ignore that and stay at one of the nicer hotels around Sukhumvit Road...plenty of choices and you can move around in any event.

I did a lot in BKK last time...the Royal Palace, Chayo Phraya river boat, Wat Arun, Siam Niramit, even Thai lessons. By far the best however was Thai Boxing at Lumpinee Stadium. It was an extremely exciting and authentic cultural experience...do that for sure!

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

The whole Bangkok thing is a lie ,very boring to say the least . Hell they roll up the side walks at 8:00pm and every body goes to church 3 time a week and you can't even get a beer on Sunday till afyer 12:00pm ................

BKK really sucks, you should just stay home!!! But if you must come I have simplified your itinerary for you. 1 catch the sky train into the City, 2 unpack, shower,3 Hit Nana or Cowboy go to any club or beer bar and walk up to a Thai man and remember to smile and say (this is your fist Thai Language lesson) "luke gah-ree" This will in turn get you your first Maui Thai lesson!! Then you can go for your TUK TUK ride to Hospital. And by morning you should get their due to the Heavy Traffic.After they release you with your Broken jaw you can go by the paragon Mall and pick up some straws to eat your soup from JJ's with!!!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP.

BKK really sucks, you should just stay home!!! But if you must come I have simplified your itinerary for you. 1 catch the sky train into the City, 2 unpack, shower,3 Hit Nana or cowboy go to any club or beer bar and walk up to a Thai man and remember to smile and say (this is your fist Thai Language lesson) "luke gah-ree" This will in turn get you your first Maui Thai lesson!! Then you can go for your TUK TUK ride to Hospital. And by morning you should get their due to the Heavy Traffic.After they release you with your Broken jaw you can go by the paragon Mall and pick up some straws to eat your soup from JJ's with!!!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good Funny Suggestion and Experiences that can be had in an instant... :D