burly.bob

Saw this part of the forum was a little out of date. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get Cat 5 cables? I'm staying close to the Tesco Lotus on Sukhumvit in the On Nut area. They sell some electrical accessories like surge protectors (from what I saw on their website anyway). Does anyone know if they happen to carry Cat 5 cables as well. If not, any good recommendations as far as where to find them. I can assume MBK. Not sure if I want to spend half the day wandering around inside MBK searching for it though.

Fortune town mate. Everywhere. BTS to Asoke then MRT to Fortune Town. Too easy. Fortune Town is streets ahead of Pantip. No annoying touts is a big plus. Having said that it has been ages since I have been there as Fortune is so convenient.

Or alternatively order them online and have them delivered. http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=cat5%20cables

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by Bar4

Had good business with invade.co.th however if you are in a time crunch it is best to ring them up since sometimes they are out of stock but their system will not let you know until well after you have placed the order.

Saw this part of the forum was a little out of date. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get Cat 5 cables? I'm staying close to the Tesco Lotus on Sukhumvit in the On Nut area. They sell some electrical accessories like surge protectors (from what I saw on their website anyway). Does anyone know if they happen to carry Cat 5 cables as well. If not, any good recommendations as far as where to find them. I can assume MBK. Not sure if I want to spend half the day wandering around inside MBK searching for it though.

Definitely, Fortune Town in Ratchada, although I am not living in Bkk anymore.  I have 3BB here with a good value package and my house is large, so I have Repeater Routers in my recording studio and in my wife's offices across the other side of the house.  My speed even out here in the so-called countryside is 200Mbs down / 100 Mbs up for about 900 baht/month, along with free basic cable. I rarely watch Thai TV of any sort, even Fox, as the channels just recycle old CSI's, et al., from 2003-2015.