Big Mama Pizza & The Game

Last night I was craving some pizza, after a long massage session - I felt refreshed, but starving.  Looked online for a pizza joint close to my hotel.  Found one that was rated well on google, Big Mama Pizza.  A few minute walk and the weather had cooled down around 9pm.  Some of those driveways were slanted on the street which made me walk sideways.  What are the city planners thinking?  I guess it goes well with the potholes and huge plants right in the middle of the sidewalk.

Sat down and ordered a personal pizza.  Damn, it was quite large and I could only eat 6 of the 8 slices.  Breakfast for the next day!  Got free flat bread and butter, a mango smoothie and of course - the pizza.  Thin crust with lots of cheese, generous toppings.  I was impressed.  I was looking for parmesan cheese and the pepper flakes I'm used to in North America, nowhere to be found.  Some extra hot ground red pepper was there, I used it sparingly.

IMG_20170918_212552.jpg

IMG_20170918_212628.jpg

IMG_20170918_213137.jpg

IMG_20170918_214516.jpg

I woke up this morning and I realize there is an NFL game I wanted to see.  I found out that The Game near Nana is playing it and they open at 8am.  It's pretty strange having a Heineken at 8am with an omelet...  where I live, we don't serve alcohol until after 11am.  To be honest, the place was overpriced, catering to American tourists, would be my guess.  At least I saw my team win today!

IMG_20170919_080947.jpg

IMG_20170919_084249.jpg

Will not repeat at The Game, as the only draw to me was that they were playing the particular game I wanted to see.  Met a cool guy from the US in there.  The breakfast I ate there looked like a child's portion.  I think I paid 300B for it too.  Ripoff.

Big Mama Pizza, I recommend it.  Not the cheapest, but that pizza would feed 2, easily. 

Edited by Gibsons1

How much did pay for the pizza?

If you want to splash some money another night try Medinii restaurant at the 35th floor at The Continent Hotel (at Asok junction). They have a deal with free flow of pizza, pasta (and I think one main dish from the ala carte), dessert, beer, wine and cocktails for 999 baht. The food is definitely ok but the view and the setting is great. Just make sure you reserve a table by the windows.

I spend a few nights at Continet Hotel last year and can really recommend it. GF, great location and good value (although not cheap). Don't know why it's overlooked in our community.

How much did pay for the pizza?

If you want to splash some money another night try Medinii restaurant at the 35th floor at The Continent Hotel (at Asok junction). They have a deal with free flow of pizza, pasta (and I think one main dish from the ala carte), dessert, beer, wine and cocktails for 999 baht. The food is definitely ok but the view and the setting is great. Just make sure you reserve a table by the windows.

I spend a few nights at Continet Hotel last year and can really recommend it. GF, great location and good value (although not cheap). Don't know why it's overlooked in our community.

The whole bill at the Italian place was less than The Game, ripoff joint.  I think the pizza was around 325B.  It could easily feed a man and woman out for dinner.  Two adult Western guys, maybe it would be a stretch. 

I'm not big on all-can-eat buffets (that's what it sounds like) but I'd keep it in mind.  Seems like something I'd do if it was my last night and I was blowing the last of my Thai money.

Last night I was craving some pizza, after a long massage session - I felt refreshed, but starving.  Looked online for a pizza joint close to my hotel.  Found one that was rated well on google, Big Mama Pizza.  A few minute walk and the weather had cooled down around 9pm.  Some of those driveways were slanted on the street which made me walk sideways.  What are the city planners thinking?  I guess it goes well with the potholes and huge plants right in the middle of the sidewalk.

Sat down and ordered a personal pizza.  Damn, it was quite large and I could only eat 6 of the 8 slices.  Breakfast for the next day!  Got free flat bread and butter, a mango smoothie and of course - the pizza.  Thin crust with lots of cheese, generous toppings.  I was impressed.  I was looking for parmesan cheese and the pepper flakes I'm used to in North America, nowhere to be found.  Some extra hot ground red pepper was there, I used it sparingly.

IMG_20170918_212552.jpg

IMG_20170918_212628.jpg

IMG_20170918_213137.jpg

IMG_20170918_214516.jpg

I woke up this morning and I realize there is an NFL game I wanted to see.  I found out that The Game near Nana is playing it and they open at 8am.  It's pretty strange having a Heineken at 8am with an omelet...  where I live, we don't serve alcohol until after 11am.  To be honest, the place was overpriced, catering to American tourists, would be my guess.  At least I saw my team win today!

IMG_20170919_080947.jpg

IMG_20170919_084249.jpg

Will not repeat at The Game, as the only draw to me was that they were playing the particular game I wanted to see.  Met a cool guy from the US in there.  The breakfast I ate there looked like a child's portion.  I think I paid 300B for it too.  Ripoff.

Big Mama Pizza, I recommend it.  Not the cheapest, but that pizza would feed 2, easily. 

Big Mama, good value and consistently decent food. The Game overpriced rip-off joint owned by the usual boiler room suspects but prime location, so very convenient if you don't care about the food or price.