Terminal 21 Food Court

I knew there existed a Food Court in the Terminal 21 which is one block from my hotel... decided I didn't want to spend that much for two, tried it out.  Took a couple shots.  It's downstairs, lower level.  Pass a security guard who salutes you as you enter.  It looks like metal detectors, but unsure as my keys aren't setting it off.

IMG_20170916_113104.jpg

IMG_20170916_112459.jpg

My friend gravitated to this stall, figured I'd have some Chicken Pad Thai and not a clue what she chose, to be honest.  I tasted it and mine was better.  Some spice in there that I didn't quite care for.

Mine, 80B

IMG_20170916_102426.jpg

Her's, 80B, she couldn't finish it

IMG_20170916_102619.jpg

It's always hotter than Hades outside, so the ice cream stall gave me a little stir, 

IMG_20170916_104300.jpg

Was craving a Coca Cola, found it at another store at the market, my friend got a green tea,

IMG_20170916_105101.jpg

IMG_20170916_105330.jpg

Lots of dessert stands,

IMG_20170916_105504.jpg

IMG_20170916_110103.jpg

Something for everyone, Thai, Japanese, didn't see much Western cuisine but I didn't browse too far into it.  Pad Thai was very good.

The 2 entrees were big enough for a meal at 160B, so it's very economical.  Quite good as well.  If you are in the area, it's worth a look.

Edited by Gibsons1
  • Upvote 1

You actually missed the main food court it is on I think the 5th floor.

Really, so this is just a secondary food court?  News to me... as I'm a newbie.  I can go check it out tomorrow, maybe.

I find the signage to be lacking in that mall.

Edited by Gibsons1

Level 5 is food court?  Let me know exactly where it is and I'll go check it out.  That stand we ate at was quite good, dinner for 2, for around $5 US.

It's called Pier 21 and on 5th San Fransisco floor, behind the Golden Gate Bridge.

Huge eating area with some seats inside near the windows with a nice view.

Pad Thai want cost you more than 50 baht at the most!  :rolleyes:

You buy a card that you use for paying for the food and hand it in at the cashiers when you leave and collect the change.

Eat here all the time when in BKK, although it has become overloaded with CC Chinese tourists lately, so hard to find a seat during rush hours! <_>

Plahgat

The food court on the upper level is more street food-like and is cheaper and more crowded. If you're not that into Thai food try the fried chicken with rice (add th sauce yourself). It's basic, cheap and always a safe option.

T21 foodcourt is very overrun with tourists nowadays, eating cheap and sucking up free aircon and they tend to hang out there quite just using the free wifi for ages So tables can sometimes be hard to come by. I suggest that trying the food court in the Tops supermarket under Robinsons as an alternative, although much smaller it less tourist occupied and reasonably priced.

T21 foodcourt is very overrun with tourists nowadays, eating cheap and sucking up free aircon and they tend to hang out there quite just using the free wifi for ages So tables can sometimes be hard to come by. I suggest that trying the food court in the Tops supermarket under Robinsons as an alternative, although much smaller it less tourist occupied and reasonably priced.

thank you for that tip

Went up to the 5th floor, must be an open area that I didn't see, as there were many restaurants on each side.  I ate at Manhattan Fish and Chips, had a chicken breast with rice and hot sauce.  Was very good.

I'll try to find the cheap charlie section when I have time, didn't have much time today.

Edited by Gibsons1