Retirement Visa

leocom6

one of  the requirement for a retirement visa is to have 800000 in the Bank does it have to be a Thai Bank? I noticed that there is a CITI Bank in Bangkok if I have the money in this Bank can I show the statement and meet the requirements?

How to Obtain a Retirement visa in Thailand:

STEP 1: OBTAIN A NON-IMMIGRANT visa
Requirements:

• Passport (at least one year remaining before expiration)
  • You must be holding nationality or permanent residence of the country of application
  • Proof of Funds

STEP 2: OBTAIN A ONE-YEAR RETIREMENT visa
Requirements:

• Must be 50 years old and above
  • Passport (signed copies of each page)
  • Non-Immigrant visa
  • Departure Card TM.6
  • Proof of meeting Financial Requirements
  • Thai Bank Book (original)
  • Letter from your Thai Bank
  • Three(3) 4×5 cm photos, with full face taken

STEP 3: OBTAINING A RE-ENTRY PERMIT

Most people misunderstand the different concepts of “Extension of Stay” and “Re-entry Permit”. Sometimes mistaken for each other, you must understand that these are two different things, both of which you would need during your stay.

The Extension of Stay is simply the controlling date. Everything else is dependent on this. Everything is invalidated when your Extension of Stay expires. On the other hand, the Re-entry Permit’s validity is subject to the validity of your Extension of Stay. However, leaving Thailand without a re-entry permit automatically invalidates your extension of stay.

STEP 4: REPORTING YOUR STAY EVERY 90 DAYS and visa EXPIRATION

You are required to report to the Immigration Police every 90 days if you are on a long term extension of stay. Persons holding a multiple entry visa will simply depart Thailand and renew their extension of stay after each 90 day entry.

If you cannot obtain your extension inside Thailand, you will have to get a new non-immigrant visa from a Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad.

Meeting the Financial Requirements for a Retirement Visa:

Financial Requirements are as follows:

• Bank Account showing THB 800,000
  • Monthly income of at least THB 65,000
  • Combination (Bank Account + Income x 12 = THB 800,000)
Edited by Viandefraich

Perhaps it will work with a US bank account. I am making the same move in just over a year now and was advised to have a Thai bank account to avoid any issues. If you find out different I would keen to hear of your experience.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw that one .

one of the Bangkok bloggers (I wont say who) says that they have there money in a US bank not in a Thai bank when they show proof of funds .

thanks

I'm curious how these Bangkok bloggers have money in a US bank? Does it mean they open a dollar account? Or probably they have payoneer account maybe. Not sure! I'm just curious and would like to know more information about it.

• 1 year later...