Extermly confused about U.S. passport holders and visa requirements

Queef_Sniffer

Ok ,I think I know the answer please correct me if wrong ,land in Bkk 30 day stamp ,(I have 6-7 weeks to kill ) stay in and around Bkk for a while ,get board I go to Cambodia or somewhere else for a week or so , now land back in Thailand I get another 30 day stamp ?? Is this the correct way to look at this ? -any and all input would be awesome ,,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The slip of paper that they stamp and you keep with you until you depart....what happens if you lose it? Ive always wondered about that since the paper is quite easy to lose (not stapled on your passport or anything)

You will go through a hassle when you try to leave.    Think it took my friend about 45 minutes to get cleared to leave.

Thanks for the update, i never realized the significance of it. I thought maybe it was like flying domestically in the states where if you forget a government ID you can still get past with a few secondary forms of ID and itll just take like a few mins longer to verify who you are. I knew not to lose it but didnt realize they make a big deal. I'll keep that in mind on my next visit. Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

If you return by Air - then yes.

If you return by cross border - then you would get only 15 days.

New regulation (since Jan 1 2016), makes this 30 days by land (for all eligible countries), but limits the ground entries to only two per year.

The slip of paper that they stamp and you keep with you until you depart....what happens if you lose it? Ive always wondered about that since the paper is quite easy to lose (not stapled on your passport or anything)

There are departure slips at the immigration, you'll have to fill it again.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk