Extermly confused about U.S. passport holders and visa requirements

Queef_Sniffer

Long question short.   If you are coming to Thailand for 3 weeks, do you need a visa?   

And tied into this question, do you need to get one (Visa) and pay for it when leaving or entering Thailand?  E.g. The visa on arrival lane at Suvarnabhumi?  

Many thanks for your time and answer.

No need to get one prior to arrival. They will stamp your passport at the airport and it is good for a 30 day stay. If there's a fee associated with it (I don't know if there is or not) it should be included in the price of your airline ticket.

• 1 month later...

and if you found thr the Visa information confusing maybe book a car/driver to meet you at the a airport. The taxi touts are even more confusing!

Getting a taxi from Suvarnabhumi to the city is very easy. 

Ignore all taxi services inside the airport building. Go down to the ground floor where the public taxi stand is. Right outside, at about the middle of the length of the building there is a machine that will assign a taxi lane to you. Go to the taxi in your lane number. Tell the driver to use meter and highway. Should be in all about 200 bath to Sukhumvit + about 70 for highway tolls.

From Don Mueang it is a bit more complicated and often there is a queue. Go upstairs and find a taxi on the opposite side (?) of the main exit (follow the Thais). You will get a better deal here and limited to no waiting. It has been a while since I have been at Don Mueang, so maybe someone can help me with more accurate directions.

• Upvote 1

Getting a taxi from Suvarnabhumi to the city is very easy.

Ignore all taxi services inside the airport building. Go down to the ground floor where the public taxi stand is. Right outside, at about the middle of the length of the building there is a machine that will assign a taxi lane to you. Go to the taxi in your lane number. Tell the driver to use meter and highway. Should be in all about 200 bath to Sukhumvit + about 70 for highway tolls.

From Don Mueang it is a bit more complicated and often there is a queue. Go upstairs and find a taxi on the opposite side (?) of the main exit (follow the Thais). You will get a better deal here and limited to no waiting. It has been a while since I have been at Don Mueang, so maybe someone can help me with more accurate directions.

Perfect summary and advice. Thank you sir!

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk

I remember back at Don Mueang, when leaving the country, you had to pay 500 Baht, in cash, after checking in and before clearing immigrations.  Never had to do this at Suvarnabhumi, kinda makes me wonder... (and I always wondered, why leaving? and what happened if you didn't have the 500 Baht?)

• 2 months later...

Ok ,I think I know the answer please correct me if wrong ,land in Bkk 30 day stamp ,(I have 6-7 weeks to kill ) stay in and around Bkk for a while ,get board I go to Cambodia or somewhere else for a week or so , now land back in Thailand I get another 30 day stamp ?? Is this the correct way to look at this ? -any and all input would be awesome ,,

• Upvote 1