Best sim card for mobile internet?

Ati

• 1 year later...

All the plans seem to be roughly comparable for data.  Any in particular stand out for LTE/4G service?  Or for SMS rates/plans?

You have to make sure your mobile phone receives the proper frequencies for 4G/LTE service in Thailand.  You may buy a SIM and a plan, then realize your handset doesn't receive the 4G/LTE signal anyway.  Phones fluctuate like crazy...  Best to check a site like this first:

https://www.frequencycheck.com/countries/thailand

https://willmyphonework.net/

I find that these sites aren't updated regularly though...  a brand new phone takes months to be put into the database, also be aware that a certain model may have several submodels for where it's being marketed (North America, Asia, South America, etc) and receive different signals.

I gather that travelers on holiday just buy the Data plan and use a texting app while in country.  That's what I plan on doing, seems to be the cheapest route. 

Edited by Gibsons1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

After years of using AIS for data only, this year I switched to True. With A IS I was getting too many really slow periods. Found the True card a better option for now anyway.

I've used AIS for years until last year when I accidentally went to the wrong booth at the airport and got dtac. When I first visited Thailand I always used true and I absolutely hated it as it seemed they would spam you like crazy unlike AIS and Dtac. 

• 1 year later...

I bought a DTAC Sim in Pattaya in December of 2015.  Sadly AT&T didn't follow through on unlocking my phone when they said that they would...  I still hae that unused sim, should I plan on bringing it back with the hopes that it still works or just start over?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, frankmustho said:

Does Thailand have e-sim? If I could avoid the hassle of having to buy a physical sim that'd be swell. 

Both of these link show options to buy online with e-sims.

On 9/15/2018 at 10:17 PM, birdhaus said:

seems like they're on par with one another

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What's a good sim card that's more phone call friendly than data friendly

How much data comes with a plan is a bonus, for me the most important thing is I need to be making phone calls back to Australia on a regular basis

About 100 minutes and 30 days should be sufficient

Please advise