Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy history

The guys who have been around for a while say the Bangkok P4P scene was better before and has gone downhill ever since. I don´t know because I was not there. But I doubt it. I know that I am enjoying it now, and that I most likely still will enjoy it 5-10 years from now.

Reading the history of the places we visit is interesting. It shows how much and how little they have changed. Bangkok Eyes had done a great job archiving the history through the years. Here is a history of the NEP and here is the history of SC. Btw, I love the retro design of Bangkok Eyes. I wonder if they are aware.

The NEP used to be a mall

1.jpg

Cred: floating around on internet for years..

2.jpg

Cred: floating around on internet for years..

Thermae at its old location

3.jpg

Cred: thaivisa.com / camerata

Edited by Hermansen

• 3 weeks later...

i don't think it has gone down. Price probably has just gone up ,....like anything with inflation. So you gotta pay more to have some fun. The expats who are there for the longterm may see the cost as a bigger issue than we do.

i don't think it has gone down. Price probably has just gone up ,....like anything with inflation. So you gotta pay more to have some fun. The expats who are there for the longterm may see the cost as a bigger issue than we do.

Yes prices have gone up greatly over the years but the attitude of the girls has become much worst. Go back 15 years when the girls and the bars were about providing fun times for you and the girls enjoying themselves while making a modest income. Now it is all about hard nosed business making as much as you can for as little as possible. BKK is trading on past reputation  but this will not last for ever.  When I started to go to BKK I was paying about 1/3rd of the price of a beer at home and I was getting pretty girls thrown in now a beer in Cowboy or Nana  costs more than I pay at home. Why would you spend the airfare and hotel costs for this?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

some cool pics it is interesting seeing the changes and just how quickly some of them happen, I am more adversed in Angeles City Philippines and going there over the past 3 or 4 years approx 20 trips of 1-2 weeks at a time it's amazing how many bars change ownership/name and how many buildings are knocked down and replaced by new ones in such short periods. Bangkok and Pattaya must also do a lot of the same I imagine.

• Upvote 1