Simple visa question

123quicky

Hi guys,

I'll be coming to Thailand in about a month.

I was planning on doing 3 days in BKK and then go to Cambodia and Vietnam for 3 weeks and then come back to Thailand fir a full month.

Do I have ti get from Vietnam back to BKK by air in order to get the 30 day visa again? 

No you can go over land and get your 30 day Visa on return, no problems. Good luck and have a great trip. Please be sure to tell us all how it went.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I will definitely update the forums on my experiences :)  

• 2 weeks later...

No you can go over land and get your 30 day Visa on return, no problems. Good luck and have a great trip. Please be sure to tell us all how it went.

Could swear that I read about the visas before my first trip last year and for some reason i had 15 over land and 30 by air......

Let me find what i read again and i'll re-edit this.....

Edit -

Here you go, this is where i got it from.

http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/thailand-tourist-visa.php

At the bottom of the page it states as follow's (copied direct from the site) -

"If you enter Thailand via land border, you will be stamped a 15-day permission of stay as a tourist in the immigration post, after which you will have to exit the country again on or before the expiration of your permission of stay. However, the tourist visa can also be extended if you wish or need to stay longer in Thailand. You will have to file an application for an extension of stay at the Office of Immigration Bureaulocated at Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120 , Tel (662) 287-3101-10. Bear in mind that the success for an extension of stay is solely at the discretion of the immigration officer attending on your application."

Edited by voids.sleet