• 7 months later...

Eat at this chain in Jakarta a lot. Pondok Indah Mall. The food is seriously good, Did not know they are in Thailand so thanks for the heads up.  Heading back there soon.

Cheers,

Mark

• 9 months later...

best dumpling and xiao long baozi in thailand... but pricy.

Hi,

Yes they are good, real good, but I prefer the "real thing". Jump on the skytrain over to Saphan Taksin. Then take the public ferry up the river to Chinatown (Sathorn to No. 5 on the map below). Walk up Rajawongse to China Town and wander around there for as long as you can take the crowds and then dive into a hole in he wall dim sum restaurant. They normally turn out to be quite big inside. Enjoy the air-con, dim sum and a cold beer.

One of my favourites in Bangers.

Cheers,

Mark

river ferry.PNG

Edited by Bar4
  • Upvote 1

Hi,

Yes they are good, real good, but I prefer the "real thing". Jump on the skytrain over to Saphan Taksin. Then take the public ferry up the river to Chinatown (Sathorn to No. 5 on the map below). Walk up Rajawongse to China Town and wander around there for as long as you can take the crowds and then dive into a hole in he wall dim sum restaurant. They normally turn out to be quite big inside. Enjoy the air-con, dim sum and a cold beer.

One of my favourites in Bangers.

Cheers,

Mark

attachicon.gifriver ferry.PNG

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the tip.

I like to do public transport but couldn't figure out how from Hua Lamphong and the MRT so hoofed it. lol

• 3 weeks later...

best dumpling and xiao long baozi in thailand... but pricy.

Went back and I recant that statement, the last time the jaoizi was poor (dry, 90% filling mixture was way off) and the xiailong baozi while usually a no brainer was also rubbery and not very juicy. Could have been an off day, but a poor showing vs their taiwan and singapore branches by far and $.