Visa's, Where do I start

voids.sleet

Good evening guys.

Right so as it stands I would like to join the thai expat community but I will be honest in saying I am a complete noob when it comes to it.

So I've been around a few forums and good old Google and I can't make heads nor tails of it.

So that's leading me to ask you guys on here.

My concern is living and working in Thailand.

Which visa and where do I start with this?

Any specific needs or access requirements I need for it.

Pretty much understand the 60 day tourist visa where it's a hop the border And re enter.

This will be a complete new start for me.

Last thing, I have chunk of debt, Ithink will more then likely be sending me bankrupt in the next year or 2

Where would I stand with this?

Thanks for any help on this guys

i am no expert by any means but I believe the only way you can work in Thailand is if a company basically sponsors you i.e. hires you and seeks a visa for you to work only for them.  As an investor (big money) then you will be able to get a work visa if certain conditions are met such as hiring Thai nationals.

If you are looking for a visa to live and not work in thailand then a retirement visa or a marriage visa are the other ways.

I would love to hear that my knowledge is limited and there is a way.  Keep us informed please.

• 1 month later...

I am also very confused with the whole visa situation. I plan to come the BKK in September and would like to stay until at least january but have no idea how to do that. Can anyone give me some advice? 

I am retired and thinking of moving to Thailand permanently but would lie to give it a try for 4-6 months first.