Learning the Language- Online/While there

DeanO

Wanting to be better prepared next time and more involved is there a good on-line site to pick up some of the basics? What ever I learned is gone already. I had a pretty good teacher while there, although she wanted to me to help her with her English as well, We still talk on the phone regularly but the conversation is pretty limited, to say the least. Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yes but the sound hard to understand , they speak so fast

Thais say we speak English too fast for them to understand. I have found most Thais very willing to help you if you say to want to learn. They do not have tenses as in English you are expected to understand from the context.The do have words for future (I will go -  ja bai), before (goohn) and already (laeho).

While I know many Thai words so I can ask for things I find difficult to make Thai sentences in the correct way.

• 1 year later...

There are so many online sources you can check out just type in learn thai language and google for sure will pull out great sources to learn the language. Thai language is difficult to learn so make sure to start with the basics and you're good. 

• 2 months later...