Best Japanese in BKK ?

How much per dish, sets and a la carte ? price range ?

thanks.

Anywhere from 500 baht to 1500 baht per person, depending on your choice of the sushi and sashimi, which is the typical range for a good sushi/sashimi place in Bangkok without paying a premium for a fancy hotel or restaurant setting)

Isao in Suk Soi 31

Isao is not authentic Japanese cuisine. It is Japanese fusion cuisine moderated to western palates.

The Japanese expatriate community in Bangkok prefers Mugendai Sushi or Zuma for authentic Japanese cuisine.

I also liked to eat at these 2 joints when I crave for Japanese food. :p

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ate at Zuma in St. Regis hotel on this trip. Best Japenese cuisine I've ever had. Place was quite lively and buzzing too. A bit on the expensive side but when you compare it to its sister restaurant in Dubai - the one in Bkk is at least 50% cheaper.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Zen is quite good overall and it's in every major shopping center (ease of convenience). For authentic Japanese food, I'd then recommend Hanako on Sukhumvit 19. or you can always go to Thonglor Soi 13. There is a Japanese village with a whole array of Japanese food there.

Zen is quite good overall and it's in every major shopping center (ease of convenience). For authentic Japanese food, I'd then recommend Hanako on Sukhumvit 19. or you can always go to Thonglor Soi 13. There is a Japanese village with a whole array of Japanese food there.

Japantown is in soi 33...... but many of the shops there has seen better days and are on their last leg.

• 1 year later...

Teppanyaki

• Nami Teppanyaki Steakhouse - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok

• Benihana at AVANI Atrium Bangkok

Buffet/sushi

Oishi Grand on the second floor of Siam Discovery Center is one of the best Japanese & sushi restaurants in Bangkok, Oishi Grand is the upscale version of the typical Oishi restaurants. All-you-can-eat buffet with many tyoes of sushi plus jumbo shrimp, soft shell crab, steak, tonkatsu, noodles, fresh fruit and lost more. It's expensive at around 850 baht per person but well worth it.

Sushi

Sushi Hero at Belle Rama9 near central Rama9

• 1 month later...