Wonderful Soi 11

Andy2462 and Suay mak mak,

regarding the path, the shortcut across from the biergartern is excellent and does put you back on Soi 11, next to the RainTree massage (across from Au Bon Pain).  The door to the green gate gets locked late at night, I think around 11:00PM.

If you are in the sub ski 7 (Eden, Dr. BJ etc) the street appears to curve at the end, but it does not lead to Soi 11.  I know, because I was attempting to find a shortcut as well.

A "plug" for President Palace on Soi 11.  Great service, decent size rooms, decent pool and gym and no joiner fee. 

Back on the Soi in August and again for New Year's eve!

Guys i have never know this be locked , i did think so one time but the chain on the bottom ,only closes it so far , always use this when coming back from climax to soi 4, i minght be wrong if they now lock it , but i did use it in April. + 1 for the GP always had a good time at this hotel

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen the gate locked after midnight.  Not sure if it locked every night, but I imagine so.

As to the question about room rates at the President Palace and Grand President...I booked President Palace last time through booking.com or Agoda the hotel actually sent me an e-mail with a decent rate and suggested I book directly with them in the future!  (which I will do)

My suggestion here, for those hotels is to look at at Agoda price and send an e-mail to the hotel asking them if they can give you a better price (they definitely can!)

Some other Soi 11 scenes from yesterday, like shopping at Villa Market

DSC_4799.JPG

When I was looking for a condo to rent, the first place I checked was Chaidee Mansion, at the 'T'.  I asked the guy how much for the rent on a 1-bedroom, he said 48,000.  "Isn't that a lot?", I asked.  "Utilities included", he said.

DSC_4832.JPG

But nice views of the Soi from there

DSC_4829.JPG

I've frequently stayed at Citichic down the road on Soi 13, a hotel I can highly recommend.

DSC_4842.JPG

Some other options

DSC_4817.JPGDSC_4818.JPGDSC_4833.JPGDSC_4796.JPG

Other dining options include fresh seafood

DSC_4800.JPG

Here's my taco salad from Charlie Brown's.  I still think La Monita and Senior Pico are better.

DSC_4811.JPG

A good place to go for pizza

DSC_4816.JPG

Lollipop1, every neighborhood needs a blow job bar.

DSC_4835.JPG

Other day scenes from yesterday

DSC_4839.JPGDSC_4849.JPGDSC_4853.JPGDSC_4855.JPG

A new Holiday Inn is being constructed opposite Chaidee Mansion.  Some workers relaxing.

DSC_4889.JPG

Cheap Thai food at Soi 11 guesthouse

DSC_4868.JPG

Even farangs are friendly on Soi 11

DSC_4903.JPG

Other night scenes

DSC_4870.JPGDSC_4880.JPGDSC_4883.JPGDSC_4910.JPGDSC_4915.JPGDSC_4916.JPGDSC_4917.JPG

The band warms up at Apoteka

DSC_4892.JPG

Rosabieng and Zanzabar restaurants provide soft music for dining in a garden setting

DSC_4925.JPG

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gilbert,

For freelancers on Soi 11, you can try Levels in the Aloft hotel, although there will also be plenty of non-FL thai women there as well.  There will also be FL in the Hilary Bar on Soi 11 and for guaranteed FL Heaven, you should go to Climax in the basement of the Ambassador Hotel (entrance is next to the Au Bon Pain)

If you are looking for slightly older, meatier FL, you can make the 5 minute walk to the BeerGarden on Soi 7 (shortcut discussed earlier in this thread).  Plus, Beergarden a great place to hang out and have a beer in the afternoon.

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

This is what's currently left of the Bed Supperclub

DSC_7499.JPGDSC_7473.JPG

The old St. Regis is also coming down.  Don't know what's going in that prime spot next to Q Bar.

DSC_7501.JPG

The Federal Hotel has been reduced to a gravel pit.

DSC_7444.JPGDSC_7504.JPG

And it was a very quiet night on Soi 11 without the bus bars, due to the Buddhist holiday.  Wouldn't know it was a Saturday night without them.

DSC_7485.JPGDSC_7450.JPGDSC_7491.JPG

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen the gate locked after midnight.  Not sure if it locked every night, but I imagine so.

As to the question about room rates at the President Palace and Grand President...I booked President Palace last time through booking.com or Agoda the hotel actually sent me an e-mail with a decent rate and suggested I book directly with them in the future!  (which I will do)

My suggestion here, for those hotels is to look at at Agoda price and send an e-mail to the hotel asking them if they can give you a better price (they definitely can!)

lev123 mate

Yes true locked every night now , went out to watch the world cup final did not leave my room till late  on soi 11,cut through to go to soi 4 must have been 00:30ish, walked through the car park got to the gate and was now fully locked.

Walked back , the lady in security hut at the car park entrance ,  was waiting for me she know but did not bother to stop me ,ok no big deal, I had a talk to her ,asked her if locked all time now at night , she just shrugged  her shoulders say may be ?

So now I just walk a bit slower up soi 11 so not sweating like OJ when I get to where every I am going,

Andy

Edited by ANDY2463

FYI, there's a second green gate on the opposite end of the Park Hotel that leads to Soi 9, which can be used as a shortcut to Soi 7/1, but is only open during daylight hours.

Edited by Piece Corp