Now this is where it all went wrong for me last Friday night at The Game. I hit the Kilkenny Pints as they are 199 baht all day until 6:00 PM. Also, without eating anything, I was daft enough to go straight onto the Kilkenny Pints. Fair to say, I was well on my way by the time I hit Nana Plaza! :wacko:

THE-GAME-FRIDAY-BEER-SPECIAL-KILKENNY.jpg

Edited by Dave The Rave

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't look like fare from any "Master Chef" I've ever seen. Looks like low end pub-grub.

Rather harsh criticism if you have not even tasted the food. You are a brave man if you go into The Game and tell Big Dru his food is low end pub grub!  :D 

To be fair Big Dru has had some good interviews and articles written about him and he won at least one chefs award that I am aware of. I have spent time sitting talking to Big Dru about his cooking and he really knows his stuff. Don't judge too soon.

the-game-fatboy-burrito-platter-sm.jpg

the-game-phad-thai-sm.jpg

The-Game-Sports-Bar-Bangkok-001.jpg

the-game-steak-sm.jpg

the-game-lasagna-sm.jpg

Dave, I know you've got a job to do and  I'll Google your man and appologize if he is truely a "master chef". The pictures of the food you're showing could be cooked by any rookie line cook in any restaurant I've owned or worked in. This food is the exact opposite of what any "master chef" would be putting out. How many "Master Chefs"  WORK IN SPORTS BARS ?  Not unless they've been fired everywhere else because they have a raging heroin addiction. Maybe it's good pub grub, but you know you're stretching it with the "master chef" stuff. After all every farang's resume gets inflated in BKK, no ?

Dave, I know you've got a job to do and  I'll Google your man and appologize if he is truely a "master chef". The pictures of the food you're showing could be cooked by any rookie line cook in any restaurant I've owned or worked in. This food is the exact opposite of what any "master chef" would be putting out. How many "Master Chefs"  WORK IN SPORTS BARS ?  Not unless they've been fired everywhere else because they have a raging heroin addiction. Maybe it's good pub grub, but you know you're stretching it with the "master chef" stuff. After all every farang's resume gets inflated in BKK, no ?

You might be right wackyjacky, so we will just refer to Andrew as the chef at The Game  :D

• 3 weeks later...

Now this is where it all went wrong for me last Friday night at The Game. I hit the Kilkenny Pints as they are 199 baht all day until 6:00 PM. Also, without eating anything, I was daft enough to go straight onto the Kilkenny Pints. Fair to say, I was well on my way by the time I hit Nana Plaza! :wacko:

attachicon.gifTHE-GAME-FRIDAY-BEER-SPECIAL-KILKENNY.jpg

You are getting to old to be chasing happy hour ,especially on pints, thats where it went wrong mate ,just to let u know mucker i had some mates over for a stag do the other week and they liked the bar, started each night here, the lads  had a few hrs on big Bernie's stag do here , he was dressed as Giant chicken though, glad no one tried to cook him. sorry i missed u last leave i did pop in to see u ,but u are a busy man now ,

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I have always  walk buy the game for years never stopped this last trip I did had the bacon cheese burger it was great went back later that night since they serve food late had the Irish Beef stew Home Run again it was awesome  retuned again

later that week had the same lineup. well this place made my list good view of the street if you would like to have a beer and watch people go by. 

• 4 years later...

We are the official representatives for The Game Sports Bar & Grill. We hope it won't be too long before we can reopen following the Coronavirus outbreak.  In the meantime, if you want to know anything please feel welcome to ask.

We are conveniently located beneath the BTS Nana Skytrain Station on the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 9 in downtown Bangkok

The-Game-Bangkok-7.jpg

The-Game-Sports-Bar.jpg