Sukhumvit

mito

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I love the commotion, food smells, the stalls and the atmosphere Suk Rd creates. Im not a Bangkok regular but its certainly growing on me for sure.

With all that is going on and everything to see , this street must be one of the interesting.It all depends on the time of day or night on what is going on .Roadside bars , food at every time of the day or night , the different bars with the girls , different kind of people from all over either farang or Thai .

Not a street of shame just big city life where people do what is necessary to survive .

Not a street of shame just big city life where people do what is necessary to survive .

You're right about, but imho this still doesn't make Sukhumvit Road interessting, at least not between Soi 1 and Soi 23. Once you pass Thonglor, then it starts getting interessting, because there are nearly no farangs arounds.

Same feelings her, I never been to Pattaya, but know phuket/patong inside out, and I like bangkok way more.

Just as described above, walk and watch the world go by.

I also sit on a wall, or a empty space and just watch the world stroll by. At daytime, packed with business people, at night-time the foodstalls, market stalls, p4p girls and cockroaches take over :)

First being there, on day 1 I regretted to see bangkok in any way, no fresh air, the smell, the dirt, more hot, almost no places to relax/sit down nice and quietly.

And now, I love it, is sure grows on you.

I know my way around, and visit the things I want to see. Smiling all day long... which in my country will not happen much...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to put an edge of realism here. Suk is fine, but generally crap food, overpriced & most people, farang & Thai alike ready to relieve you of your hard earned in a blink.

Don't get me wrong, it's the first place I'm headed end of the month. But I am now super selective on where I go and how I get around.

It is almost impossible to say his without appearing hideously racist, but the middle eastern visitors around Nana now make it nearly impossible to move up there.

Who can advise on the next hot area, but with a similar draw?