Sukhumvit

mito

Street of Shame.....and part of the reason I love Suk Rd is NOT just the p4p, but there is always something going on, be it shop/market stalls / non p4p girls walking around looking fantastic and enjoying a little flirt now and again and so on.

Obviously, Suk Rd has something for everyone and is a big part of why I favour BKK over Patts. B)

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

While staying in Suk soi 11-1, I found some late night noodle stalls that I really enjoyed for a quick bite late at night. After eating there 2 times, the family basically adopted me...everywhere I went in the neighborhood, it felt like I was more and more known. The mother had one son that was a motorcycle taxi driver, and after knowing him I knew most of the motorcycle taxi mafia down on suk soi 11. And known in a good way that made me feel protected. And then around the corner, on suk, as you walk up and down and spend some money, or just by being there, you get a feeling of being known, and appreciated. From Nana down to Soi Cowboy, I walked the streets many times, and felt more and more at home. I too love the street of shame!

I too love Suk Rd. My "hood" is Soi 22 and Washington Square. Doug Harrison and The Bourbon Street Inn, Denny's corner beer bar, The Dubliner Irish Pub. Everything within walking distance of Cowboy, Soi 33, Soi 8, and Nana. Skytrain station to the rest of the city. Sukhumvit is my home away from home.

• 1 month later...

I love Sukhumvit sooo much..and many many side streets as well. Like any city- just look like you know what you're doing-No Problem..and keep on walking when you want to and say No Thank you. Most of the time- if you don't look for trouble-things OK.. I feel so much safer on Sukhumvit than most major U.S. cities..

i always stay on sukumvitt first few years i always stayed at ruamchitt plaza but it was getting to run down for the price i love the fact i step out on to the street there is always some thing going on from street vendors to p4p girls giving you the eye as you walk past and you never know when your about to be made a iristable offer

couple of years ago i was on my last night in thailand it was 3am just kicked out this lt starfish (sugested she would prefer to go home early )im sitting out side the hotel having a beer and a smoke feeling pissed off cause its my last night and no real action when these 2 tidy average looking fl come along sit beside me and make me a offer for the 2 of them they said 3k lt i said only have 1500 left but i have a big comfortable bed ,damm awsome night got sucked and fucked to well after daylight paid them off at lunch time plus a tip of all my other forign currency ,6 months later im back and bump in to them in the beer garden another great night

Good Read, as a previous poster stated they should really let the legally registered bars stay open after 2am.