Long and complete thai statements

kartoos

Common phrases and simple words of Thai are available all over internet. But I couldn't find any place where people can write long and complete thai statements and other can correct it or verify it. In my opinion if we are not interested in learning how to read or write Thai (which is a long and difficult task) the best technique is to make long statements.

For vocabulary I use following links

http://thai-language.com/dict/search

http://thai2english.com

Let me know if you guys are interested so we can start writing long Thai statements here and those who are good in Thai can verify or correct them and also contribute some extra knowledge.

In my opinion if we are not interested in learning how to read or write Thai (which is a long and difficult task) the best technique is to make long statements.

I'm in the process of learning to read and write Thai.  Its well worth taking the time to learn it, if you're really interested in knowing the language.

I'm in the process of learning to read and write Thai.  Its well worth taking the time to learn it, if you're really interested in knowing the language.

Can you please tell what resources you have ? ...I have downloaded becker's Thai for beginners pdf yesterday.....i liked its theme ..and i have learnt many new words + statements using that book...but i cannot dedicate much time to learning reading/writing thai .... its a bit confusing for me (may be coz of lack of time)

I too am learning to read and write, although I haven't been putting much time into it of late.

I started at the very beginning (a very good place to start) and purchased flash cards of all the consonants with pictures to associate with the letters. I memorized how to read and pronounce these first then learned to write them by using children's lined notebooks that are made for repetition with guides on how to correctly write each character. After I had the consonants down I started on the vowels.

Any of these learning aides can be bought at any bookstore and are very cheap.

The old school text for Thai children learning Thai is called Manee Manaa and is a series of small stories written about a boy and girl living on a farm with the introduction of new words in each chapter. Search google and you can download a PDF for free. I have the original Thai version as well as an English transliteration on my computer. Could maybe upload it but not sure if its copyrighted material.

I too am learning to read and write, although I haven't been putting much time into it of late.

I started at the very beginning (a very good place to start) and purchased flash cards of all the consonants with pictures to associate with the letters. I memorized how to read and pronounce these first then learned to write them by using children's lined notebooks that are made for repetition with guides on how to correctly write each character. After I had the consonants down I started on the vowels.

The old school text for Thai children learning Thai is called Manee Manaa and is a series of small stories written about a boy and girl living on a farm with the introduction of new words in each chapter. Search google and you can download a PDF for free. I have the original Thai version as well as an English transliteration on my computer. Could maybe upload it but not sure if its copyrighted material.

Wow, Manee Manaa is pretty old. I could say it older that my age. When I was younger I didn't study Manee Manaa.

But it was kaew and Klaa. But as my grandmother is a teacher and she taught Thai at the primary school. I was lucky that I read

about Manee Manaa and I still love it even I don't have a book anymore.

Wow....thats a good way ...but needs more time...will surely try this technique once i have enough time :)...thanks

There are also some useful apps that can be found for your phone and many useful videos on youtube as well.  The key is to work on it at least a little bit everyday. 

I am following some channels on youtube...but they are mostly about basic sentences , verbs and formal statements.....what basically I am looking for is a complete informal dailyday conversation between thai people......for that I am trying to see Lakorns with english subtitles on youtube.....i m trying to improve my listening skills by replaying scenes and statements of those lakorns..and trying to figure out the words and meanings.......one thing i realized that there are many words that i now understand in lakorn ......which is a good sign as i am not putting even an hour to learn thai ..and that too not ever day ....but still its good way to improve listening skills and vocab

Wow, Manee Manaa is pretty old. I could say it older that my age. When I was younger I didn't study Manee Manaa.

But it was kaew and Klaa. But as my grandmother is a teacher and she taught Thai at the primary school. I was lucky that I read

about Manee Manaa and I still love it even I don't have a book anymore.

Yes it's quite old, but I've heard from many people that it had a great methodology and the more recent texts are not as good.

When I meet a girl named Puu I will use a joke like this-

นามีปู ปูมีรู ผมมีงูหารูปู

At least I think it's funny...

The farm has a crab (Puu) the crab has a hole. I have a snake looking for the crab's hole. It is just a naughty variation on the most basic lesson in Manee Manaa.