Tourist visa

Euge

Hi please excuse my ignorance but can you just get a visa on arrival into Bangkok as I need as staying over the 30 days. I am just trying find easiest way. I am a New Zealander so get 30 days but need 35 days.

Help appreciated

Before your 30 days are up I think you would need to go out of the country and on arrival you would get another 30/15 depending on if you went by air/land. Maybe head over to Cambodia or Laos for a few days. Either that or get a 60 day tourist visa.

Before your 30 days are up I think you would need to go out of the country and on arrival you would get another 30/15 depending on if you went by air/land. Maybe head over to Cambodia or Laos for a few days. Either that or get a 60 day tourist visa.

Thanks for the reply yes I was asking about tourist visa as in am I able to get this on arrival or do I have to apply before I go?

Thanks

Considering the tourist visa in most cases is only valid for 90 days(meaning you must enter Thailand within 90 days) from the day of issue, I wouldn't get it a few months in advance.  The visa usually takes 2 days to get if you apply in person.  You hand in your application, passport, and fee in the morning.  The next day in the afternoon you pick your passport back up.  In some cases, they may ask you to come back in two days instead of the next day.

If you need to mail in your application, check the website for the embassy to get an idea of how much time is needed to get your passport sent back in time.

Hi please excuse my ignorance but can you just get a visa on arrival into Bangkok as I need as staying over the 30 days. I am just trying find easiest way. I am a New Zealander so get 30 days but need 35 days.

Help appreciated

You can check if this applies to NZ, but for US passport holders you get 30 days on arrival visa waiver if you arrive by air rather than land (you don't have to apply in advance).

You can then go to the immigration office on day 28-30 and pay 1900BT for a 7 day extension. This would get you your 35 needed days without leaving or overstaying.

>You can then go to the immigration office on day 28-30 and pay 1900BT for a 7 day extension. This would get you your 35 needed days without leaving or overstaying.

I wish I'd known this. A few years ago I did have a normal 30 day visa. I was having a good time - one does in LoS - so shifted the date for my return flight home; the need for visa extension did not cross my mind, brain cells sapped by booze and bonking.

At Suvarnabhumi I was fined 3000 THB cash, one thousand a day for overstay. No unpleasantness but my passport was marked in red (cannot read the Thai words).

So best to fix extension to avoid any problem.

• 2 weeks later...

>

At Suvarnabhumi I was fined 3000 THB cash, one thousand a day for overstay. No unpleasantness but my passport was marked in red (cannot read the Thai words).

The overstay fine is supposed to be B500 per day up to a max of 20k. Sounds like half was skimmed off the top.

OP: wise choice on visa type and if the bug bites you to stay longer you can also get another 30 day extension on top of that provided the rules are the same for all westerners. Enjoy your stay!