Krabi?

spaceman1977

There is a little soi of around 10/15 bars opposite macdonalds. There is also a disco I think Anna 69?? More of a place to take a girl tbh but you can score there too if you don't take anyone.

I was in Krabi in March. There's not a great deal of action there compared to other major resorts, but enough to keep you entertained for 3 or 4 nights.

You want to head to Ao Nang for the best action. There are 2 basic hotspots to hit:

Centre Point, which is a small/medium complex hosting around 10 bars, a ladyboy cabaret show, and 1 gogo bar on the 1st floor (I think). This area gets loud and lively as the night goes on, and you'll find a few freelancers hanging about as well as flirty girls staffing the bars.

The other area is soi sunrise (roughly opposite the McDonalds), a small soi of what you might call classic beer bars. There are about 10 beer bars in the soi, each one with a handful for girls on staff (very mixed quality).

There are also plenty of live music bars and Irish pubs along beach road, and a string of lively bars running up the main road from the South and of the beach - th bars can be good fun and you may find a few freelancers and friendly staff.

Ao Nang is the place to be. I would suggest "Crazy Gringo's". Always busy, wait staff nice, manager speaks English. Not very many tourist this time of year, so lots of places closed until "busy" season. Warning -  the place is very romantic, If going alone, you might end up with a girlfriend, you hadn't planned on. 555  :D

I was in Krabi in March. There's not a great deal of action there compared to other major resorts, but enough to keep you entertained for 3 or 4 nights.

You want to head to Ao Nang for the best action. There are 2 basic hotspots to hit:

Centre Point, which is a small/medium complex hosting around 10 bars, a ladyboy cabaret show, and 1 gogo bar on the 1st floor (I think). This area gets loud and lively as the night goes on, and you'll find a few freelancers hanging about as well as flirty girls staffing the bars.

The other area is soi sunrise (roughly opposite the McDonalds), a small soi of what you might call classic beer bars. There are about 10 beer bars in the soi, each one with a handful for girls on staff (very mixed quality).

There are also plenty of live music bars and Irish pubs along beach road, and a string of lively bars running up the main road from the South and of the beach - th bars can be good fun and you may find a few freelancers and friendly staff.

Had no idea about centre point. Where abouts is it in relation to the bars opposite macd's? I was with a girl last time so couldn't do so much exploring on that front.

Had no idea about centre point. Where abouts is it in relation to the bars opposite macd's? I was with a girl last time so couldn't do so much exploring on that front.

Centre Point is on the beach road, set back from the road. You'll see the Ladyboys out late afternoon trying to drag in punters to the show. There's a centre point website which has a wealth of info on the bars and gogos here, as well as a map http://aonangcenterpoint.info/

• 8 months later...

The soi is called RCA and it's in Ao Nang. The bar you're referring to is Amy's 69 :) still seems like the best bar and Easy to find (it's the first one on the right). Bf is 300.

There is a little soi of around 10/15 bars opposite macdonalds. There is also a disco I think Anna 69?? More of a place to take a girl tbh but you can score there too if you don't take anyone.

• 3 years later...

Just a caution about the bars here that sell the 100Baht cocktails. The ice used in them is not made from filtered water & I become rather unwell for days after a night drinking here. Just drink the bottled beer

The cocktails back at the hotel was fine but of course they charge a lot more. However happy hour saw me plow through around 6  :)

There was a young surly female bar tender who thought I was drinking far more than I should have and gave me the Land of Not Smiles treatment. Oh yeah  :P

The soi is called RCA and it's in Ao Nang. The bar you're referring to is Amy's 69 :) still seems like the best bar and Easy to find (it's the first one on the right). Bf is 300.

Updated price on BF is 500.

Girl quoted 2500 LT and against my better judgement went with it.

Took my GF there for a week over New Years (Gregorian) and did not seem like a mongering destination at all. During my evening wandering/smoke breaks I saw nary an unaccompanied lass along the beach. No touts from tuk tuks even.