GSm Sim Cards

Does anyone have an info on being able to get a sim card over there for my iPhone?

It is unlocked so thats not the issue. I'm more interested in what services are there and what ones people recommend.

Does anyone have an info on being able to get a sim card over there for my iPhone?

It is unlocked so thats not the issue. I'm more interested in what services are there and what ones people recommend.

I am guessing that you want a sim card that has data as well as just phoine service if so then yes you can from any of the services over there. I always pick mine up at the airport and even though I did not ask for one it gave me data rates so I could have used it for that if I had a phone that was good for it. I only take a cheap phone with so only need voice and texting myself as I use the laptop or netbook for anything else. I am sure more of the guys can guide you better on this but hope this helps you out.

I am guessing that you want a sim card that has data as well as just phoine service if so then yes you can from any of the services over there. I always pick mine up at the airport and even though I did not ask for one it gave me data rates so I could have used it for that if I had a phone that was good for it. I only take a cheap phone with so only need voice and texting myself as I use the laptop or netbook for anything else. I am sure more of the guys can guide you better on this but hope this helps you out.

Hey nightwatch

I am looking at getting a standard SIM card for my next trip also. Whereabouts in the airport can you get this and can you also get a standard handset for it? Is there a SIM/carrier you could recommend? Also how much money do you put on the card to begin with?

S'n'D

After you pick up your bag and exit you turn to the right and you will see booths for all the major carriers lined up along the wall. I went with Happy which is from DTAC the last two trips and had no service issues in BKK,Pattaya,Phuket,Koh Sahmed,and Udon Thani. The sim card comes with a small amount of baht on it already 39BHT I think and costs 99BHT for me this is enough to get me into BKK as I have needed to text a friend the last two trips on arrival. I usually get a 100bht top up at the nearest 7 after I get settled in at the room. I don't use it to much so 100bht can last quite awhile for me but it is easy enough to check credits and get more at any time of the day at any 7 11 store. I have also heard True is a good carrier to use. As for the phone if you don't have one I wouldn't bother getting the sim card at the airport go to MBK mall or Pantip plaza buy a phone and get sim card at the same time and they will be able to set the phone up for you. I bought a cheap phone off of ebay to use for my trips. It is quadband and unlocked so no issues with service or using thai sim card.