Maxim's Inn soi 7/1

Hello to all BM's

I've been reading over the board & been thinking for my 8 day stay in BKK to stay in Maxim's Inn.I've understand that it was just renovated, was hoping if anyone has stayed there recently and could advise which room to request to get good wifi, and privacy. any help will be appreciated

Tungeteaser

Hello to all BM's

I've been reading over the board & been thinking for my 8 day stay in BKK to stay in Maxim's Inn.I've understand that it was just renovated, was hoping if anyone has stayed there recently and could advise which room to request to get good wifi, and privacy. any help will be appreciated

Tungeteaser

I stayed there a few days last year, although the room was comfy and quiet I had one of the bigger rooms for 1100 baht a night there was just a tiny window and no balcony, bathroom and shower was also small but enough for one person.

Wi/Fi didn't work most of the time I stayed though and I stayed in one of the front rooms on 3 floor.

Plahgat

Soi 7

DSCF1493.jpg

Soi 7

DSCF1494.jpg

Maxim's Inn

DSCF1496.jpg

Maxim's Inn

DSCF1497.jpg

Maxim's Inn

DSCF1498.jpg

View from window!

DSCF1725.jpg

DSCF1423.jpg

DSCF1426.jpg

DSCF1424.jpg

Edited by plahgat

I stayed there a few days last year, although the room was comfy and quiet I had one of the bigger rooms for 1100 baht a night there was just a tiny window and no balcony, bathroom and shower was also small but enough for one person.

Wi/Fi didn't work most of the time I stayed though and I stayed in one of the front rooms on 3 floor.

Plahgat

Hey Plahgat

If you stayed in one of the front rooms at Maxim's, what was the noise factor like there at night?

S'n'D

Hey Plahgat

If you stayed in one of the front rooms at Maxim's, what was the noise factor like there at night?

S'n'D

Didn't hear a thing and slept like a baby!

It's at the end of the soi and there are no motorvehicles passing through.

Although bars across the hotel it's pretty noisefree and no loud music at all.

Be prepared to hear a few "I go with you!?" or "Please come in and sit down!" from the bargirls when you walk in and out of the Soi though!;)

There is a small and dark back-alley just opposite the hotel at the end of the street that turns to the right and goes back to Sukhumvit Rd behind Soi 7 if you want to be able to sneak in and out unseen by the bargirls!:lol:

Plahgat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...

I’m planning my next trip and looking for some accommodation and came across Maxim’s Inn on Soi 7/1. Good location, near Nana BTS, between Nana and Soi Cowboy and cheap. Trawling through the forum I found this post, over a decade old, and not much else except mention of it as a short time hotel. Does anyone have any more recent information?

Many thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Stayed at Maxim’s Inn, Sukhumvit Soi 7/1 last December. It is a budget hotel with the cheapest rooms, with no windows, going for under 1000 Baht a night, windowed rooms are a little over 1000 Baht. There are two ways of getting to Maxim’s from Sukhumvit, either directly along Soi 7/1 or if that’s too intimidating up Soi 9 and then cutting across – this cutting can be seen in the window view of the last attached photos. It is a budget hotel so you get what you pay for, have a look at the attached photos. It was clean enough, there was space to hang clothes but no cupboards, the shower worked there was a safe for storing valuables – although not bolted down, and the bed was not soft. The only things I found that were broken was the cord to close the curtains, although you could close them manually and the door to the freezer compartment of the in room fridge had broken off. Breakfast was an extra 150 Baht but I never bothered so cannot comment. The hotel is guest friendly, I asked before I booked, but having guests in my room was something I didn’t do this trip so can’t comment how well that worked. As can be seen in the photos there is some wear and tear in the room. The staff I found friendly and helpful. Rooms were made up daily, fresh towels and bath mats, coffee and water topped up.

I was given a room on the second floor. I wanted a room with a window and as it turned out it was looking over Soi 7/1 and the room was stand alone, by that I mean there were corridors on the three sides of the room. So I had no noise from other rooms but some from people passing in the corridors but this never bothered me. For me it was good enough it gave me a hotel that had a good base location where I could sleep and get ready for whatever I wanted to do.

If you are not bothered about hotel facilities and don’t need the hotel to be brand spanking new and gleaming it is worth considering. The downside of the location is the hassle from all the establishments along Soi 7/1. They can be avoided by using Soi 9, but I found that once I explained to the various ladies and Ladyboys on the Soi that I was not looking for any service and they were wasting their time they left me alone. The only real downside was the noise from the Soi. Or more exactly from the Green Room, which was across the Soi and two doors down, the other establishments were not a problem. The Green Room had live bands almost every night between 7pm and 2am and they were loud although some of them were quite good as well. Fortunately for me as I was not getting to bed before 2am it was no big deal. However if I had wanted to go early then getting any sleep was not going to happen if a band was playing.

IMG_9876.JPG

IMG_9877.JPG

IMG_9878.JPG

IMG_9879.JPG

IMG_9880.JPG

IMG_9881.JPG

IMG_9882.JPG

IMG_9883.JPG

IMG_9884.JPG

IMG_9885.JPG

• Like 2

To be honest I saw no evidence of it being used as a short time hotel. No couples entering or leaving or anything like that.  I saw free lancers in the bar on the hotel veranda, which was seperate from the hotel,  but I never saw them inside the hotel.

As for flirty maids, nope, friendly polite yes but they were from a seperate world from the area the hotel was situated in. So no chance there either.