dawin hotel

Like the look of this myself for my April trip. Anyone got any idea which booking site has the best rates?

APRIL ! Cool your jets brother. April is 'off season'. Hottest month of the year in Thailand. You'll get better prices booking in March. Crazy shit could happen with H1N1 or Thaksin could lead the Cambodian Army into Bangkok. The Red shirts could occupy the airport this time. Shit's fomenting. If the King passes away there could be a civil war. These things are bad for the tourist industry IMHO. Better to wait. hotels will have plenty of rooms to sell ya in April. wj

• 1 month later...
  • 12 years later...

Dawin Hotel closed about two years ago.                                                                                                                                        Last year the signage was removed and a big Thai name installed across the facia.                                                                    That has now been removed and there is renovations taking place.                                                                                               A worker next door said it is going to be Swan  (Sawan?) hotel                                  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Stayed here recently after the reopening. The lobby area has been completed rennovated. As of early October the bar/restaurant was still closed. No breakfast or room service was available, though plenty of delivery options on Grab. There is now a keycard system to get past reception, but the rest of the hotel is pretty much the same. There are good, comfortable rooms. I saw at least one room door that open and mid-rennovation. Hotel was also very quiet. I only ever saw one or two guests the entire week.

• Like 1

I stayed here for a few days some years ago because I had some Agoda points to use, but although room was OK,

there was no balcony, and window- view was just a concrete wall opposite the hotell! There is a small swimmingpool that is nice though.

Worst part of my stay was that the whole hotel smelled of some obnoxious antiseptic hospital-odour from the moment I entered that made me feel sick, and the room and bedsheets felt moist and humid!

So I never stayed here again...

• 5 months later...