Holiday Inn Express - Soi 11

Hey all,

I'm thinking of travelling to Bangkok around late July and thinking of staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Soi 11.

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/bangkok/bkkex/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-EX-_-TH-_-BKKEX

I'm a IHG Rewards Diamond Elite member so only planning in staying in a hotel part of the IHG hotel chain.
I am planning to stay a cheaper hotel this time (I normally stay at the Holiday Inn Soi 22) but I'm thinking of staying at a hotel closer to the nightlife, walking distance to the various bars, Nana, Soi Cowboy and clubs on Soi 11.

I think the Holiday Inn Express being on Soi 11 is close to the nightlife and cheap but would be interested to know if it's worth staying for 2 weeks and what the condition of the rooms like (are they guest friendly, no joiner fee required). I know it being one of the cheaper hotels for IHG, breakfast is very basic and it's something I can live with.

If anyone has stayed there before, I wouldn't mind some feedback and if it's worth choosing the Holiday Inn Express Soi 11 over the Holiday Inn in Soi 22.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

I stayed there in Nov 22. The rooms are pretty small and they’re all the same, so no real upgrades available. Hotel’s in ok shape. Not new and starting to show it’s age. It’s down at the end of the soi and there are a lot of bars and clubs on the soi. It’s a small room for two weeks. I can handle it, but I could see it getting on some people’s nerves after a while. I was at the HI on Soi 22 last November. I much prefer that location over Soi 11, but honestly that hotel is starting to show its age as well.

Last month, I tried the Staybridge Suites Thonglor and really liked it. I used points and it was about the same cost as the HI on 22. It’s even further from Nana, Thermae, etc. so might not be what you’re looking for. There’s also an even newer Staybridge Suites on Sukhumvit Soi 26. All the ones I stayed at were guest-friendly with no joiner fees even when you bring your gal to the breakfast buffet.

Maybe book a week at HIX Soi 11 to start and then decide to stay or move to HI Soi 22 for the second. You could always double book the second week and cancel what you don’t need if it’s high season and you want to make sure you’ll have a room.

Edited by bgtp
  • Like 1

Thanks @bgtp, I've stayed at that Staybridges Suites in Thonglor and Sukhumvit on Soi 26. Both are great hotels (fairly priced) but like you said, they're just too far from Nana, Thermae, Soi Cowboy and Soi 11 so I'm definitely looking for something closer this time around.  

The Holiday Inn Express on Soi 11 is perfect for location but I guess the question is if I deal with a smaller room (which I think I can) but you lose out on the privileges you get as a Diamond Elite member if you stayed at the other IHG hotels for room upgrades.

The Holiday Inn Soi 22 still some distance especially with rush hour during the evening but I might take the option of booking in the second week in Soi 22 and first week in Soi 11 (if the room in Soi 11 is small).

In the room in Soi 11, was the room itself realatively sound proof or quite noisy? 

9 minutes ago, jaredblanc said:

In the room in Soi 11, was the room itself realatively sound proof or quite noisy? 

My room was fine wrt sound. I always ask for a quiet room which helps.

• Like 1