ladyboy pickpockets

hey guys be careful out there! A ladyboy on sukhumvit stole my chain tonight. she started hugging and grabbing on me and took my dads chain off without me realizing it. the chaine had sentimental value more than anything. realized it 20 minutes later went back she was gone. So I’m trying to locate her trough another ladyboy that saw her as well. not getting my hopes up but who knows i offered cash reward to her and the pickpocket.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This happened to me as well. Absolutely gutted not happened ever before. Deffo think it was the Ladyboys that mandhandled me. They must be good at getting it off as never felt anything. Be careful guys this has put me on a downer for the holiday. Worn the chain for 20 plus years all over the world and never had any issues. 

how do you report it to the police?

• 4 months later...
On 8/8/2023 at 10:55 AM, Soho_upstart said:

This happened to me as well. Absolutely gutted not happened ever before. Deffo think it was the Ladyboys that mandhandled me. They must be good at getting it off as never felt anything. Be careful guys this has put me on a downer for the holiday. Worn the chain for 20 plus years all over the world and never had any issues. 

how do you report it to the police?

be very wary of Ladyboys getting grabby, they're most likely far more interested in the contents of your pockets than the contents of your underpants. once in Pattaya at 4am on Walking Street, my Note 2 (that's how long ago it was lol) got lifted, and they replaced it with a roll of coins taped together of similar weight. they're VERY good at this.

tl;dr be wary of ladyobys on the street, and don't carry stuff you don't need to carry.

as for how to report, find the relevant police station, go there, and report. it's easy, especially in tourist areas where they speak English. I've reported stuff in the Hinterlands even... my Thai is adequate only for directing taxis.... and Google Translate is totally up to the task.

6 hours ago, sameric1234 said:

I dont think reporting it to the  police will achieve anything!

odds are it won't, but at least you'll feel a little bit better after having done everything you can. and the boys in brown DO try at this sort of thing.