Dynasty Grand has reopened

Reading this thread, I think we're not doing this nice hotel justice. 

I was staying in this hotel for a few days (few days ago), after staying at Citrus Suites (the hotel next door). In Citrus Suites I was staying in a 1-bedroom executive suite, it was my first choice coming into Bangkok, mostly because I was able to secure an amazingly cheap deal through Agoda (55 euros per night), and that was just few days ago. I really wanted to extend my stay there, but on the day of departure the prices have risen significantly to 80 euros per night and more... And apparently for some nights during my extended stay they didn't have availability at all. I really liked the location (actually liked everything), so wanted to stay in the area... Though I was looking also at hotels around Soi Cowboy. I wanted a room with bathtub under 70 euros (I'm not cheap, but I try to not to exceed my budget if I don't have to). I found a few hotels, but non of them had bathtub and some of them were more expensive than their reviews justify (IMO). I didn't want to stay directly on Soi 4 (the street with all the bars, where Nana Plaza is located), so I also ruled out a few hotels there... hotels on the smaller and inner alleys would be more ideal.

Then I saw the deal for Dyansty Grande, both here and also in Agoda and Booking. It was also very convenient that it's the hotel next door to where I was staying. It's located in Soi 6, a 2 minute walk from Soi 4 and from 7/11, very quiet street, most ideal location if you ask me. I booked  through Agoda for 60 euros per night because I mistakenly thought that the price shown in their website, after applying the promotion for the 48% discount, is per night and not the total price (so it looked more expensive, I was only staying for 2 nights), but not really a big deal. Fwiw the price on their website with the promotion is about 46 euros if I'm not mistaken.

Let me tell you a few things about this hotel:

1. It's perfectly located! Close to everything, very quiet in the night (and in the day)

2. Staff are really really nice!

3. Rooms are of decent size with a big bathroom, with separated shower and bathtub (though bathtub is a bit small for 2 people if you're a big guy, but was perfect for me)

4. Hotel is practically empty, and without good reason IMO. I think I was alone in this hotel haha . They are craving for guests! I think that's a good thing for the guests though, very quiet, and you can bang without worrying of disturbing anyone.

5. Good AC, big TV, mini fridge, not sure what else you need

6. There is a relatively big pool, practically all for yourself.

7. Good WiFi

8. I saved the "best" for last... I brought in 2 girls on 2 consecutive nights (1 girl each night), and there was absolutely no problem at all. I told the girls to leave their id in the reception, and no one asked any questions. Important to say that I made the initial booking for 2 people, but I don't think that matters. I don't think an hotel in this location can afford itself to charge for girls, and it looks like their policy is exactly like the policy of the hotel next door or other guest friendly hotel in the area. I haven't checked the policy for multiple girls at the same time though, so if that's your game I'm sorry I can't verify that.

By the way, important to mention a tiny disadvantage as well... Since the hotel has just recently reopened, and I'm guessing also due to the lack of guests, it seems that they are little short on staff. So if you're going out for just a short time, don't expect your room to be cleaned so fast. It's better to ask them explicitly to clean your room, or replace your towels. I honestly don't see it as such a big disadvantage.

So to summarize:

1. If you can secure a booking for a fair price for Citrus Suites 1 bedroom suite, I would choose it over anything else. But it seems like they often run out of rooms and often overpriced these days (it's all relative though)

2. If you can't, I would definitely choose Dynasty, for almost half the price of Citrus, with great value.

Needless to say, but I'll say it anyways. This is my first post, but I assure you I'm just a regular monger on his first trip to Bangkok. I'm not working for them or anything, I just feel for them, it's hard to see this amazingly huge hotel with absolutely zero guests for absolutely no good reason.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rap Chik said:

How was the breakfast spread at Dynasty? Esp when compared to citrus ?

I didn't eat breakfast at neither hotels. I usually don't eat breakfast at all, but there are soo many options out on the street that I don't bother paying the extra fee to eat breakfast at the hotel.

But honestly, the breakfast at Citrus is probably much better. Citrus seems like a fancier hotel in general. I'm not even sure there is breakfast at Dynasty, or maybe there is, but the hotel is so empty (very unfortunate as I said), that I didn't notice.

I’ve stayed at this hotel for about the past 10 year; I like it for 3 reasons: big, comfy, quiet rooms; location; big pool (fairly quiet too, maybe because it is lacking in some ambiance, but that is fine with me; just do some laps, then chill on a deckchair checking out BA and nursing a Chang ;))

never brought more than 1 guest in, so i can’t say anything about that (bringing in more than 1 that is); i believe i read somewhere that minimum age of guests now has to be 21

some quibbles: breakfast indoor is in a small and chilly room, or outside; after the renovation some years ago it just lacks ambiance; breakfast is by menu, no buffet, and it is rather mediocre; but there are better (and cheaper) options nearby, such as Swan on the corner of soi 6 and 4; taximaffia in full swing here, and the soi is one direction only and can get busy (i.e. trafficjam) and it is hard getting a normal taxi, or grab, here (but this is usually only an issue when having to get to the airport; the desk will call a taxi for you, but it may take some time); otherwise, for grab, just have it come to Sukhumvit rd, or just take the BTS (Nana, out of soi 6)

I’ve stayed at a few other hotels in the area (Dawin (fine, but small rooms (they have bigger, but more expensive rooms (than DG)), small pool), Petals Inn (meh) and am curious about Pachara Suites (just across from DG), Citrus (almost next to DG) and Novotel (soi 4).

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 1:41 AM, romrich17 said:

Reading this thread, I think we're not doing this nice hotel justice. 

I was staying in this hotel for a few days (few days ago), after staying at Citrus Suites (the hotel next door). In Citrus Suites I was staying in a 1-bedroom executive suite, it was my first choice coming into Bangkok, mostly because I was able to secure an amazingly cheap deal through Agoda (55 euros per night), and that was just few days ago. I really wanted to extend my stay there, but on the day of departure the prices have risen significantly to 80 euros per night and more... And apparently for some nights during my extended stay they didn't have availability at all. I really liked the location (actually liked everything), so wanted to stay in the area... Though I was looking also at hotels around Soi Cowboy. I wanted a room with bathtub under 70 euros (I'm not cheap, but I try to not to exceed my budget if I don't have to). I found a few hotels, but non of them had bathtub and some of them were more expensive than their reviews justify (IMO). I didn't want to stay directly on Soi 4 (the street with all the bars, where Nana Plaza is located), so I also ruled out a few hotels there... hotels on the smaller and inner alleys would be more ideal.

Then I saw the deal for Dyansty Grande, both here and also in Agoda and Booking. It was also very convenient that it's the hotel next door to where I was staying. It's located in Soi 6, a 2 minute walk from Soi 4 and from 7/11, very quiet street, most ideal location if you ask me. I booked  through Agoda for 60 euros per night because I mistakenly thought that the price shown in their website, after applying the promotion for the 48% discount, is per night and not the total price (so it looked more expensive, I was only staying for 2 nights), but not really a big deal. Fwiw the price on their website with the promotion is about 46 euros if I'm not mistaken.

Let me tell you a few things about this hotel:

1. It's perfectly located! Close to everything, very quiet in the night (and in the day)

2. Staff are really really nice!

3. Rooms are of decent size with a big bathroom, with separated shower and bathtub (though bathtub is a bit small for 2 people if you're a big guy, but was perfect for me)

4. Hotel is practically empty, and without good reason IMO. I think I was alone in this hotel haha . They are craving for guests! I think that's a good thing for the guests though, very quiet, and you can bang without worrying of disturbing anyone.

5. Good AC, big TV, mini fridge, not sure what else you need

6. There is a relatively big pool, practically all for yourself.

7. Good WiFi

8. I saved the "best" for last... I brought in 2 girls on 2 consecutive nights (1 girl each night), and there was absolutely no problem at all. I told the girls to leave their id in the reception, and no one asked any questions. Important to say that I made the initial booking for 2 people, but I don't think that matters. I don't think an hotel in this location can afford itself to charge for girls, and it looks like their policy is exactly like the policy of the hotel next door or other guest friendly hotel in the area. I haven't checked the policy for multiple girls at the same time though, so if that's your game I'm sorry I can't verify that.

By the way, important to mention a tiny disadvantage as well... Since the hotel has just recently reopened, and I'm guessing also due to the lack of guests, it seems that they are little short on staff. So if you're going out for just a short time, don't expect your room to be cleaned so fast. It's better to ask them explicitly to clean your room, or replace your towels. I honestly don't see it as such a big disadvantage.

So to summarize:

1. If you can secure a booking for a fair price for Citrus Suites 1 bedroom suite, I would choose it over anything else. But it seems like they often run out of rooms and often overpriced these days (it's all relative though)

2. If you can't, I would definitely choose Dynasty, for almost half the price of Citrus, with great value.

Needless to say, but I'll say it anyways. This is my first post, but I assure you I'm just a regular monger on his first trip to Bangkok. I'm not working for them or anything, I just feel for them, it's hard to see this amazingly huge hotel with absolutely zero guests for absolutely no good reason.

This is an incredible summary! I ended up booking it for the rate of ~45 euros. Feeling really good about my decision after reading your info!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 12:22 PM, Michael Roland said:

This is an incredible summary! I ended up booking it for the rate of ~45 euros. Feeling really good about my decision after reading your info!

Did you end up staying there?

How was it?

I am flying in on Friday and looking for a place to stay

14 hours ago, oz_boater said:

Did you end up staying there?

How was it?

I am flying in on Friday and looking for a place to stay

Hey man, I did. It was great, no complaints. I had no issues bringing girls over, although never brought over 2 girls. It was fairly empty when I was staying there as well, but more people were trickling in as I was leaving.

Make sure to use that “reopening” promo code. 

10 hours ago, Michael Roland said:

Hey man, I did. It was great, no complaints. I had no issues bringing girls over, although never brought over 2 girls. It was fairly empty when I was staying there as well, but more people were trickling in as I was leaving.

Make sure to use that “reopening” promo code. 

Thanks

Have booked for 4 nights in the "Grade Deluxe Suite" from the 4th Nov.

On 10/2/2022 at 8:03 PM, Rap Chik said:

How was the breakfast spread at Dynasty? Esp when compared to citrus ?

No breakfast at the Dynasty Grande at present. 
Breakfast buffet available next door at Citrus for 250 baht
Lots of places to have breakfast nearby.

On 11/1/2022 at 11:08 AM, oz_boater said:

Thanks

Have booked for 4 nights in the "Grade Deluxe Suite" from the 4th Nov.

Currently on site, staying in “Grande Deluxe Suite”.

It is certainly large, but not an actual suite.

There is safe, and toiletries, but no dresser - which is very odd.
Some lights are controlled only from the bedside console, some can only be controlled by their switch.

I have the hotel’s only bottle opener (reception got me to sign for it) but cleaning is prompt in the morning when requested.

Very convenient location, 7,000 baht for 4 nights.
Odd mix of ‘back working’ and ‘huh?’

Quiet

absolutely no problem bringing a lass back to the room.
They just took her ID and kept it till she left (I walked her back to the Gogo)

Overall looks to be a good combination of location and value.

Bath

4986353E-5BC7-4DBC-AB96-52D50CAA0D51.thumb.jpeg.0c366572e8be646a7c8640aa98d343ac.jpeg

room

2110CE4B-A81B-4768-BA20-3CE6498F3D3A.thumb.jpeg.6eb4e5a9d3c10c36e95dd938d67c6ca2.jpeg

pool

99785F81-14BC-47E5-9E51-DF30854A3B05.thumb.jpeg.d186977bbc5e300bab3ab8ca8459144e.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Just checked into Dynasty Grande, never stayed here before, as I usually stay at Grand President or Ambassador on Soi 11. But I'm really happy with Dynasty, nice sized room, super clean and well maintained, with a great desk/work area, sofa sitting area, huge bed, big bathroom with marble and granite, nicely done.  And a balcony overlooking the pool so I can step out and get some fresh air.

It looks like half the hotel might still be closed, btw.  But the location is great too, just minutes walk from NEP and there are those pubs on Soi 4, and Busstop, one of my favorite restaurants,  And a 7/11 50 yards away.