Dynasty Grand has reopened

17 hours ago, Michael Roland said:

First post!

I thought this hotel looked like a great option, so I reached out to see their guest policy. You can register one guest with you upon check in for free. Each additional unregistered guest is 500 baht. Is that fairly standard?

Previously, it was one guest for free, anytime , just ID at reception but second guest, as in a threesome, was 500 baht, then they upped it to !000 baht for a threesome, As of now I don't know for sure. I will try the next month and I hope the reception and restaurant staff have had some customer service training in the meantime

• Like 1

7 hours ago, otapiri said:

Previously, it was one guest for free, anytime , just ID at reception but second guest, as in a threesome, was 500 baht, then they upped it to !000 baht for a threesome, As of now I don't know for sure. I will try the next month and I hope the reception and restaurant staff have had some customer service training in the meantime

I re-read the email. I think the language in the email threw me off again, but now that I have seen your message I think that is what they mean. That the 3rd guest in the room will have an additional fees. Although I got two different emails with two different amounts. First email said 500 baht, second email said 800 baht. So I guess it is back in consideration!

Right now I am leaning between this hotel and Ibis, any thoughts on which one is better?

17 hours ago, Rocky Rockstar said:

Why book a hotel where there are restrictions on who / how many you can bring back? There are countless other hotels similar to the Dynasty Grand and in the same area that have no restrictions so just stay there instead 

Fair point. Kinda gripped by analysis paralysis at the moment. Dynasty looks like a nice hotel, great rate and perfect location. Ibis didn’t respond to my question on guest policy and the rooms don’t look as nice. 

Based on your experience and spots you would recommend?

Cheers

17 hours ago, Michael Roland said:

Fair point. Kinda gripped by analysis paralysis at the moment. Dynasty looks like a nice hotel, great rate and perfect location. Ibis didn’t respond to my question on guest policy and the rooms don’t look as nice. 

Based on your experience and spots you would recommend?

Cheers

Prior to covid, Dynasty Grande in soi 6 was my go to hotel, It was a laid back place with good size rooms, plus it had a small selection of larger rooms, both smoking and non-smoking. and balcony rooms. It also had a large pool and fitness room. It had inside and outside dining and drinking areas. The room rate  then was about 2200B per night. When it closed for covid, I stayed at a selection of other hotels in the soi 4/6/8 areas including Ibis on soi 4. That hotel  had smaller non smoking rooms and little else in the way   of amenities. No outside restaurant or bar, but with some staff, it was possible to have a coffee or a beer in a dismal outside area. Price was about 1000b per night and like the DG, it was guest friendly but no extra charge for two late night guests.  Ibis has a long winded check in procedure . Ibis has a daytime tuk tuk service for soi4. DG does not. Both hotels have those stupid little black fridges at floor level. Ibis has happier and more engaging staff. DG is still my pick because of the larger rooms, better amenities  but it is more expensive

Cheers

18 hours ago, otapiri said:

Prior to covid, Dynasty Grande in soi 6 was my go to hotel, It was a laid back place with good size rooms, plus it had a small selection of larger rooms, both smoking and non-smoking. and balcony rooms. It also had a large pool and fitness room. It had inside and outside dining and drinking areas. The room rate  then was about 2200B per night. When it closed for covid, I stayed at a selection of other hotels in the soi 4/6/8 areas including Ibis on soi 4. That hotel  had smaller non smoking rooms and little else in the way   of amenities. No outside restaurant or bar, but with some staff, it was possible to have a coffee or a beer in a dismal outside area. Price was about 1000b per night and like the DG, it was guest friendly but no extra charge for two late night guests.  Ibis has a long winded check in procedure . Ibis has a daytime tuk tuk service for soi4. DG does not. Both hotels have those stupid little black fridges at floor level. Ibis has happier and more engaging staff. DG is still my pick because of the larger rooms, better amenities  but it is more expensive

Cheers

Thanks for that really detailed breakdown. I don’t plan on having multiple nights with 2 chicks so it’s not really a make it or break it decision. 

Another hotel I am now leaning toward is Citrus on Soi 6. Their premium room has a separate area with a sofa which could be nice. So many choices!