Where to find car/motorbike shows and racing

Mate they're pretty rare in Thailand there is not a lot of demand for it simply for the fact that cars built outside Thailand carry a 458% import tax and can only be imported by licensed importers 

Just to put it into context a Bentley Continental that would cost $150k+ in the west cost $1 million dollars (the price of a bugatti in the west) here so the market is very very small and so there is not a lot of value (to the manufacturers) of taking part in these things in Thailand when you can go to Shanghai/Beijing and sell hundreds of cars off of the back of it. There's an annual Bangkok Motor Show which you can google but your timing will have to be spot on with your travel itinerary and to be honest alot of participants dont take part simply because theyre not gonna sell any cars from it.

You'll have more luck with motorbikes but youre not going to see the new ducati racing bikes you're gonna see everyone swooning over the new piece of shit cheap as chips honda scooters and im guessing this is not what you are looking for

21 hours ago, smurf7 said:

Hey guys,

When I was last in Thailand I did not get a chance to see any car or motorbike stuff. Does anyone have any advice on finding these kind of events, meets or races for the next time I go?

I recommend you go to this guy's YouTube channel.

That is all he does is go to car and bike events in Thailand.

They are all over. Unsure what the prior BM is talking about.  

Here is the LINK

Ah I thought he was talking about proper motor shows with aston martin and the like - Yeah there's a lot more on offer for imitation kit/replica cars and japanese/korean style street racing fast and furious type of thing

If thats what he is talking about then I apologize just got tunnel vision for one sort of car show. 

If OP fancies going down an interesting rabbit hole there's a whole underground replica industry in Thailand for luxury cars here's a youtube video that should get the algos recommending lots of similar videos

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bradonw said:

Ah I thought he was talking about proper motor shows with aston martin and the like - Yeah there's a lot more on offer for imitation kit/replica cars and japanese/korean style street racing fast and furious type of thing

If thats what he is talking about then I apologize just got tunnel vision for one sort of car show. 

If OP fancies going down an interesting rabbit hole there's a whole underground replica industry in Thailand for luxury cars here's a youtube video that should get the algos recommending lots of similar videos

Yes, I figured such. I could have said it more nicely but I was short on time and was not able to edit it properly. 

Cheers. 

• Like 1

Nah man no worries its cool I wasn't thinking about other types of car shows i guess because of my own biases I like cars like astons & ferraris but Ive never had any interest in kit cars/replicas/street racing/boy racer cars with UV underlights etc... I've always thought that stuff a bit tacky (no offence to anyone) so it never occurs to me when people talk cars to answer from this angle. my bad

Anyway OP got loads of material to go on now

• Like 1

• 1 year later...